forum

Offline/Local scoreboard in-game (playing a beatmap) [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
I've noticed (with a crappy internet connection) that when offline, scores in the scoreboard aren't loaded (Only when you enter a map with no connection to bancho, if bancho dies in game, and you retry, they still appear).

Fair enough, that's because the scores are loaded when the actual beatmap is if i'm not mistaken. What I'd like to see is a leaderboard which appears for your local scores when you aren't online, or possibly togglable. This way scores from downloaded replay data could also be stored in your own local scoreboard.

I understand that this is primarily an online game; All i'd like to see is a function where I can challenge my best score without having to go out into the menu to see it.

Edit: What I mean is that local scores are loaded in the beatmap list and after playing ("you have achieved #1 best score" etc), but no further. If possible, I'd like a leaderboard shown in-game for your local scores; like the leaderboard for online plays that appears to the left of the screen in a beatmap.
Inozuma
Are you talking about this?

anonymous_old
Hey, I like this.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite
Inozuma: No;

What I mean is scores that appear while you are actually playing a Beatmap; When online, Bancho automatically displays the top 40 scores while you play. To the best of my knowledge, this feature is only available for online play. to view local scores at the moment you have to leave the current beatmap and view your scores in the beatmap list. What I'm requesting is a local scoreboard in the beatmap while you are actually playing.

EDIT: Like This, but for local scores:

Inozuma
Oh, ok, I misunderstood.
Derekku
Hmmm... I think I like this idea. I was actually going to suggest something like this a week or so ago.

I wanted it to have your top score (if there is one) for a map take the place of rank 40 (or whatever the lowest one is on the map) like when you have a rank lower than 40 and it shows up in the redish color there. I don't see a need to have a toggle or your entire local scoreboard there, but I agree with it at least showing your top score.

+support~
0_o
I really like the idea of having the option of showing the local leaderboard in-game.

support++ definitely
Gens
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Xgor
I had that idea in my mind altough i want this to be working even if you are online and you can have this on non-ranked maps :)
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

Xgor wrote:

I had that idea in my mind although i want this to be working even if you are online and you can have this on non-ranked maps :)

This sounds like a good idea. Derekku Chan's suggestion is also more logical than my original one.
Derekku

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Derekku Chan's suggestion is also more logical than my original one.
<3 I knew I should've just posted it the other day, but for some reason I was thinking that it might be a stupid idea. I'm glad that some people think it's a good idea :3
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

cyanberryio
Yay, I thought of this one time...(thought it would be rejected though)

Can we have both displaying?(local on the right?)
peppy

Alex0686 wrote:

Can we have both displaying?(local on the right?)
No, I think that is probably over the top.
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite