forum

[Archived] Online scoreboard still seen for guests

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vytalibus
Title speaks for itself. I stumbled upon this while I was experiencing very VERY bad connection and had to play offline. Note about the possibility of still having internet connection, only really bad. Confirmed. It still works offline.

My only issue with this is that it's not supposed to be seen (i.e. switching from Local to Online scoreboard is impossible granted that it requires an account). It's a case of "does osu! really do this?", really.

krius_old
hm don't know if it's related to what I experienced but, when i'm in my appartment for school I am behind a very restrictive firewall (ie : seems like the only open port is http), osu! was still able to send score online, althought bancho could never connect, and there was no sign of me being connected in osu! , if I recall correctly ingame scorboard were displaying (but my top score wasn't),

then I started to use a proxy just for the sake of really being connected, bancho could connect, ingame scoreboard could show up and everything worked correctly.

When closing the proxy connection, if osu! was still running, bancho would disconnect, but when playing, ingame scoreboard would then show up my top score on each song.

Did you close osu! or not while experiencing connection problem ?
Topic Starter
vytalibus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.