forum

Stereo hitsounds [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Daru
Circles hit on the left side of the screen would be toned more to the left speaker/ear, middle would be neutral, and those on the right side would be toned more to the right ear or speaker.

I think it would give osu! a greater feeling of depth or interactivity, as well as feeling pretty cool.

Toggle? I want to ask for one for this, but it seems requests for toggles get shot down fast, so comment on whether you'd like a toggle, as well as if you think this is a good idea in the first place.
LuigiHann
I think if it was done in a subtle way (like notes all the way to the left of the screen would only have a slightly left-balanced sound, etc) then it wouldn't need a toggle. And that's how I would want it.
Gabi
if you guys would like a preview of this, play this viewtopic.php?t=12655 [Hyper] Difficulty
rust45
I was thinking of this and was going to request but my idea was kinda different. The mapper would only set the stereo hitsounds with timing sections and would be able to set how much it's balanced on a gauge. And maybe have it balanced differently depending on how far away from the middle. Now why the mapper would add these would be because some songs will have obvious stereo elements and they would have the notes following the song be on the same sides as the song itself.
peppy
I think this should be enabled by default. I actually thought about doing this quite a while ago but never proceeded... not sure why!

You'll probably be seeing this soon. And yes it will be subtle.
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Daru
Awesome. :D
Derekku
Ooh... I assume this would affect hitsounds on already-made maps?
FurukawaPan
I really like this idea. It would really add to the experience when you click a hitcircle it sounds like it's sort of coming from that part of the screen. Subtle is important, or else it'll feel fake and forced.
peppy
Already implemented and sounds quite nice.
mm201
A little would be nice, but not too extreme. Maybe also adjustable for the sake of headphones.
anonymous_old
Next there's gonna be a request for surround sound support for stacks.
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Is this stereo stuff being added to Taiko as well? (Hopefully it will for CTB; that's really obvious.)