forum

osu! Server Upgrades [Complete]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Thanks to the recent number of donations, I am happy to announce another server hardware upgrade. In order to perform this upgrade, osu! will be going down briefly sometime in the next day for around 30 minutes. Thanks in advance for your understanding!

The upgrade will be the addition of an extremely powerful 32gb SSD. This will be the new location of the database. I will also be performing routing software updates and moving beatmaps across to a RAID-0 setup from their current single disk configuration.

As I plan to continue reinvesting any amount which exceeds the outgoing costs of osu!, the more you donate, the more osu! wins ;).
Echo
inb4 people complain about RAID0 ;P
Topic Starter
peppy
What is there to complain about? If you are talking lack of redundancy, there are off-site backups for that. Performance is the only real issue in this case. I'm also a fan of minimal redundancy >.>
Derekku
y u do dat peppy (jk)

Awesome! I'm glad that you're getting a decent amount of donations and that they're going to good use :)
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

I'm also a fan of minimal redundancy >.>
How redundant.

Yay SSD. You don't have to RAID 50 Velociraptors together.
Ephemeral

strager wrote:

peppy wrote:

I'm also a fan of minimal redundancy >.>
How redundant.

Yay SSD. You don't have to RAID 50 Velociraptors together.
Dear christ, the noise from 50 veloci's in an array D:

Yay for osu!
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Bluethefox
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jeffro
Shinde
anonymous_old
Blizzard's been supporting some of its products for more than ten years.
Topic Starter
peppy
Upgrades have been completed. Thanks for your patience :).

p.s. you probably won't notice a difference.
Shinde

strager wrote:

Blizzard's been supporting some of its products for more than ten years.
They ignore SC2 and D3 for WoW just because they're getting $15/month off people, and have stated so. T_T And looking at an update list for WoW patches and talking to people, I wasn't very impressed. Think of the children. ;_;

Ah well. *shrug*