forum

Beatmap corrupted [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KIA
Somebody, please help me restore my beatmap. Today I've tried to edit it, but music is not playing on beatmap selection and in editor. After superficial view of *.osu files I didn't found something wrong in it, but osu! won't play my beatmap anymore.
P.S. I've tried readd beatmap(from local & server) and got same result... *sob*
P.P.S. Yesterday everything was okay (before last Osu!'s update)
Azure_Kite
This must be my problem. Same beatmap, same song. Please delete my post if that's necessary.

KIA, for some reason your osz files saved the link to the .mp3 as Orange -citrus mix-.MP3.

EDIT: I'd heard that the recent update made the extension case sensitive, which is why your beatmaps aren't working. to fix this, just rename your "Orange -citrus mix-.mp3" file to "Orange -citrus mix-.MP3".

I tried it on my version of your map and it worked, then a full resubmission would be required to refresh the mp3.

This is the easiest option, if you have the time you could go into each .osu file and manually change each

AudioFilename: Orange -citrus mix-.MP3 to
AudioFilename: Orange -citrus mix-.mp3

Your call. :)

EDIT: General Fix:

Take note of your .mp3 file's EXACT full name. Copy it if you have to. In your .osu files copy the exact line into AudioFileName: namehere.mp3.

Repeat this with all other difficulties.
lukewarmholiday
I got this too, someone thought the mp3 title somehow got changed(I find that unlikely.)

Were mp3 titles not case sensitive with earlier builds?
peppy
Case sensitivity has changed. I will fix this in the next public build (tomorrow).
Topic Starter
KIA
I've edit osu files. *YAHOO*
orz
Sorageru
Hi Kia, recently I made a beatmap. but suddenly i have to edit it because im not finished, the beatmap won't open. i've already tried what Azure_Kite said. but nothing works. by the way, i haven't uploads the beatmap in this site.
TheVileOne
This thread was made 4 years ago..... The issue presented in this thread is no longer relevant.

Search for your beatmap's folder, and drag a map out of and back into it to refresh the map files. Changing the mp3 name, or the mapfile name manually can cause problems with loading. mp3 name changes can only be handled through the .osu.