forum

What in the world is this crap >:/

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
I think Konami has caught the stupid. Their reactions to the music game explosion have all been absolutely idiotic, and the whole fad is going to die out and go away without them doing a single thing right.
Pokebis
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Loginer
Another thing to keep in mind: It's a localized Japanese rhythm game. The game is most likely going to be filled with classic music and pop songs from 15 years ago.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

LuigiHann wrote:

I think Konami has caught the stupid. Their reactions to the music game explosion have all been absolutely idiotic, and the whole fad is going to die out and go away without them doing a single thing right.
This is exactly correct. First, we got this shitty excuse of Beatmania, but at least it came with the damn peripheral. Second, we got Rock Revolution instead of GuitarFreaks or DrumMania. Third was Beat'n Groovy, which was bad beyond words. Konami needs to open its eyes.
MegaManEXE
It's for the Wii, what did you expect?

If Konami's latest stateside DDR endeavors are any indication, then this is probably going to suck shit too.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
To be perfectly honest, I expected it to be on the Wii since KoA would want to market it to kids.

Also, localization doesn't save DDR's shitty charts. Pop'n actually has fun charts. I'd like to see the charts in this game, sure, but I hope it's not the first Pop'n game that has a chart I hate.
Pokebis
Actually, I thought HP and HP2 had some pretty good charts. Also it's really good for beginners (and it was sort of my launch into the feet dancan games). Most of the charts are too easy and most of the songs suck, but for the harder ones, they're really good. And I'm not going to firstly doubt this will be terrible, if they don't modify their controller peripheral this could mean a pop'n emulator for the Wii (if there isn't already one, there's one for the freaking DS) so people can play all the old stuff with the old style on it. Oh, wait I looked at the image again. :-( Shit's gonna suck.
EDIT AGAIN: Holy shit, I think this uses motion controls, Jesus Christ, it's terrible, get in the car!
Topic Starter
Mogsy
That's the exact reason why this is going to suck: motion controls over the peripheral.
Pokebis
Topic Starter
Mogsy
I turned off gimmick-related nonsense for HP/2. I didn't really feel impressed by the HP/2 charts, to be honest. I just hope they don't mess up the first iteration of Pop'n the states will ever see.
Diokatsu
I think if Konami wants to see some a rhythm games scene open for it's products more hastily they would be better off with downloadable content instead of a limited selection of charts. Increasing the number of playable songs is a great way to earn a greater potential audience. User made stepcharts for DDR, for example like edit files on already purchased songs, would definately draw people in to buying the game because they wouldn't have to worry about bad steps and could compose their own. Konami could bundle songs into packs as well and sell for a reduced price.

Woah that had nothing to do with Popn' but I have to ay that I'm not a fan of this localization.
Ekaru
I'll say this right now:

They could easily save their ass if they wanted to. The main thing they gotta do is let you use the Wiimote on its side. Control pad, A, B, 1, and 2 in that order would be the buttons. :P

Oh, and good charts.

...I'm probably going to have to end up bombing their headquarters anyways. Who wants to join me if they don't work really, really hard on the controls and unfuck this mess? I mean, those two vids had the hands of that bunny spazzing all over the place...

BTW, what happened with Samba de Amigo was that they observed a few idiots, and was like, "let's change the controls at the last second!". Bam, game that would've been good, not as good, because they were taking drugs. orz I hope they do the opposite this time; observe people having trouble with the controls, and fix it.

...On second though, this was still a retarded idea, and nothing can fix that. Konami, stop embarrassing yourself. All you gotta do, is port over games from Japan, and do it correctly. Sure, replace some of the songs with English songs if you feel like it. But keep the controls the same, and work hard on the charts! I mean, this is... ugh...

...Guys, am I dreaming? I have to be, this can't be happening... it can't... I, I think I'm getting dizzy...
awp
Just make a PC port?
MegaManEXE
I'm still waiting for my Para Para Paradise US release, I'm sure it's possible to make a decent version with the Wiimote.

Although I imagine Konami would fuck that up somehow too.
Sleep Powder
They shouldn't even have the right to call it Pop'n Music....its really not the same.
eee

Mogsworth wrote:

Either they suck or the controls are shit.
I lol'd
especially when the player begins pressing anything around 00:30 seconds into the video, looks like he/she said "forget it, this game stinks."
Pokebis

eee wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Either they suck or the controls are shit.
I lol'd
especially when the player begins pressing anything around 00:30 seconds into the video, looks like he/she said "forget it, this game stinks."
It's the wii remote being erratic, not the player. The player is attempting to gauge the remotes reactions and get it under control, but is failing to do so.
Pokebis
It appears the Japanese version has been dumped.
The box has one of those wonderful "pay to play" aka "DLC on the Wii" symbols.
ARE YOU PUMPED?

Also, moar gameplay here and in the related videos.