forum

Imogen Heap - Just for Now

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mogsy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, August 04, 2009 at 3:03:23 PM

Artist: Imogen Heap
Title: Just for Now
BPM: 75
Filesize: 4650kb
Play Time: 02:45
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.63 stars, 238 notes)
  2. Silvuh's Normal (3.8 stars, 170 notes)
Download: Imogen Heap - Just for Now
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Get me out of here, get me out of here, get me out of here...

Beatmap by Mogsworth and Silvuh. Background entirely by Silvuh. Simple skinning done by Mogsworth.

Well, here's another entry into the Speak for Yourself album project, and it's about time that it was finished. Still, have as much fun playing this map as Silvuh and I have had while testing each difficulty.
Larto
You kept me waiting. But that waiting payed off <3
Jarby
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Added Silvuh's Normal, added the background. To-do list is on the first post.
DeathxShinigami
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Jarby
Offset is early?
Topic Starter
Mogsy

JarJarJacob wrote:

Offset is early?
Doesn't sound like it to me.

Also, welcome to Pending.
Takuma
Shoot a star.
Symbolic
[silvuh's normal]
00:55:24 (1,2) - i don't really like this. It's too confusing for normal imo...

[hard]
couldn't find anything here :)

great job, starrred =)
Topic Starter
Mogsy

Symbolic wrote:

[silvuh's normal]
00:55:24 (1,2) - i don't really like this. It's too confusing for normal imo...

[hard]
couldn't find anything here :)

great job, starrred =)
Silv says:
Also nothing about that is confusing to me...
Peter Rhydderch says:
Hm. What about to other players?
Silv says:
Uh...
You can tell it's a little slider..

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Thanks for the look, though. :3

EDIT: He needed to change it, anyways, so mod post taken, kudosu received.
Larto
Overall:
Add a hitcircleoverlay ^_^ ^__^

Normal:
00:55:44 (2) - I can't really tell it's a slider >o> Silvuh said he needed to change that note anyway ^_^
01:00:04 (5) - New Combo?
01:22:64 (4,5,6) - Personally, I'd move 5 back 1/8 and 6 back 1/4, it just sounds better imho, but I think it works both ways :x
02:20:24 (4,5,6) - ^

Hard:
Full of Love. And Sliders <3
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Updated.
Larto
Bubbleded.
Topic Starter
Mogsy

Larto wrote:

Bubbleded.
Thank you. :3
Alace
rank
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Silvuh
So uhm, because I've heard some people criticizing the background, I thought I should post my reasoning for... making it how it is.

Some people caught on to this already, but for those who are unaware, the character's hairstyle in my drawing is based off Imogen Heap's hair on her Ellipse album cover. The character is sad-looking to fit the mood of the song. The song is slow and obviously doesn't show the happiest of times. It's about a Christmas party, so I made the background and the clothing wintery.
And the character's a furry because that's what I draw.

So if it counts for anything, I drew this specifically for use in the background.
foulcoon
I thought I was just horrible at playing til I opened editor.

01:08:99 (4,5,6,7,1) - what the shit is this snapping monstrosity?

And it comes up a second time. Usually I would just learn the pattern and not say anything about it, but it just sounds awful. I mean I would've slept easier at night seeing another player at least mention it in a mod post but no. It doesn't even make sense to me after playing it 10 times over. Especially if you have a similar spacing pattern directly after it with the snapping I expected the first time...

Anyways I'm just venting, other than those 2 spots the map is of excellent quality.
Topic Starter
Mogsy
Excuse me for following the rhythms. No excuse for screwing people up though. :V Just something I'll learn to simplify on later maps.
sesito71
Beautiful map and song :D

I love the kiai time part :)
show more