forum

Megadeth - Duke Nukem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Survivor_old
Great stuff. If I am to complain, or "contructively criticize", I would have to say that there are a few beats to songs that are inexistent in the actual song, and some people might not associate with that.

Also, perhaps the background picture could be Duke instead of Megadeth? I'm sure most of us will recognize it better by Duke.
awp
Yes, needs more Duke.

Timing sounds quite good to me, so I'm not gonna bug it.

As for the object placement, this is one of those beatmaps that sounds right on autoplay, but you'd have to watch the autoplay a few times to know what's going on. Once you're familiar with this beatmap it's great, but the learning curve is higher than normal and that's usually not a good thing.

The last combo before the first break also feels a little weird. The first of the two long sliders might be better off broken into little sliders to get a more consistent feel of that wavering effect (from the whammy bar?).

The drum rolls are cool though. This song is really fun to watch on autoplay. I wouldn't really bubble it yet - I'd like to see something done about improving the intuition of the map so there's less guess-work, but how that can be accomplished is a little hard to say. I'd like some more opinions on it.
Topic Starter
Mifune24
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this. It slipped through the cracks.

Three things I think need to be done to this before I'd approve it for ranking.

1 - The note at 1:54:93 should be closer to the slider considering how many times the slider repeats. That, or make the slider repeat a bit less.
2 - Background's gone? It could use something, like the Duke3D cover or the Duke Nukem Forever flag logo.
3 - The spinner's gotta be skinned to a toxic waste symbol. It's just gotta.

(Also the song still ends earlier than I'd like it to =( )
Topic Starter
Mifune24
No problem.

1. I've made the slider repeat less.

2. Duke should be in the background. It appears on mine. I've uploaded using the full submission option, so hopefully that'll work.

3. Err...I've changed to a EBA skin, so the spinner kinda resembles a toxic waste symbol. If that's close enough. :o

(And I've updated the beatmap so it now goes through the entire song.)
awp

Mifune24 wrote:

2. Duke should be in the background. It appears on mine. I've uploaded using the full submission option, so hopefully that'll work.
I figured this is an awp-specific issue; I only updated the osu!, so I'll have to do a full redownload n' check this out.

You can force the spinner to be a nuclear waste symbol by including a spinner-osu.png file (or whatever the filename happens to be, I can't confirm it right now) in the song folder (iirc).