forum

Distance spacing multiplier accurate to nearest 0.05 [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
mm201
I've run into cases where a particular distance spacing value is too big, but the next one down is too small. (The distance skips a grid.) This is especially common with slow BPMs and/or fast slider speeds.

It would be great if we had that extra half interval so we could use the spacing we want without having to space everything by hand.

The extra accuracy could be mapped to Alt+Shift+Mousewheel or something like that.
Gabi
i would like it if it was possible that the problem you are having doesn't happen at all. just let osu! round it up. (if you get what i mean)

sorry i missread. i support what you said
Topic Starter
mm201
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitsunemimi
I'd rather not... Plus, we could just ALT to disable distance snapping temporarily, and I find that easier than changing the distance spacing.
Ekaru

Harris73 wrote:

I'd rather not... Plus, we could just ALT to disable distance snapping temporarily, and I find that easier than changing the distance spacing.
What? No, this would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay easier than holding down alt.

I don't *want* to disable distance snapping for the entire map just to get the spacing I want. You just said to hold down alt for the entire map, you realize that, right? Read the topic again before posting silly things, please. :P

.05 would offer more precision, and it's not like it'd kill you or anything. I support this feature. Since there are times I want a certain spacing with the distance snap, but since I can't go into the .05's, I can't get that spacing.

EDIT: Though one can change the slider velocity before mapping, sometimes you want a certain slider velocity with a certain spacing, before anyone suggests that.
Topic Starter
mm201
Move to completed?
arien666

MetalMario201 wrote:

Move to completed?
And [Added] seems good :)
Equivalent_old
Digging some old threads, yay I found what I needed for some minor DS changes
Topic Starter
mm201
wat
Equivalent_old
Lol, was thinking to ask for additional features like you type in the discrete number for DS option, but seem the "ctrl+shift+mousewheel" is convenience enough, so I wont need that <3

Btw, most mappers, especially new mappers doesn't know this existent anyway ~
Sakura

Equivalent wrote:

Lol, was thinking to ask for additional features like you type in the discrete number for DS option, but seem the "ctrl+shift+mousewheel" is convenience enough, so I wont need that <3

Btw, most mappers, especially new mappers doesn't know this existent anyway ~
that's true, but this requires some precise mapping so i dont see any problem with that, alternatively there's also scale by, which can adjust a whole pattern and multiply the distance by a certain ammount, and even then you also get the message that tells you the distance snap from the previous note, and towards the next note, in the end i rarely need to find tune Distance Snap Multiplier anymore.

Also there's no need to necro a thread to say that.