forum

Graphics Card advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kideddie1501
whats the best graphics card for a windows compaq hp computer? i need it to run games better
Pokebis
Firstly, saying Windows Compaq HP does not tell me the specs of your computer, therefore I cannot tell you what will and won't work with your PC. I will assume these graphics cards will work and assume you have enough other requirements (RAM, processing power, ect.) to run high-end games. Also I do not know if budget or space is an issue (GPUs can take up a lot of space and my not fit in your case).

NVIDIA is my personal favorite company when it comes to Graphics Cards. Check out this chart and look around the site some more. NVIDIA has some awesome addons like letting you play games in 3D.
ATI is also decent, although I prefer NVIDIA. It allowed support to run on televisions before NVIDIA, but they've since caught up. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4670 and it works rather well. It goes for <$100 ($70 iirc) and it at least can run Crysis smoothly on High settings (which is a feat itself).
I need moar info so I can help you chose one. Price, specs, what you want to do. Thanks.
Topic Starter
kideddie1501
ok, thnx. i'll find out.
Vuelo Eluko
GeForce GTX TITAN X is the ultimate graphics card. It combines the latest technologies and performance of the new NVIDIA Maxwell™ architecture to be the fastest, most advanced graphics card on the planet.

Performance is just part of the story. The new Maxwell architecture is engineered with the new VXGI (Voxel Global Illumination) technology to solve some of the most complex lighting and graphics challenges in visual computing. Scenes are significantly more lifelike as light interacts more realistically in the game environment. Super Resolution technology lets you enjoy the detail and brilliance of 4K gaming even on 1080p displays. The G-Sync technology ensures smooth, tear-free images by synchronizing display frame rate to GPU (require displays that support G-Sync). An array of NVIDIA GTX technologies are also built in, like GPU Boost, NVIDIA 3D Vision, NVIDIA Surround, NVIDIA PhysX, and GeForce Experience. These technologies together provide the most immersive and competitive gaming experience possible.

Here's a quote from a popular League of Legends player regarding the Nvidia™ GTX Titan X
Having used the Nvidia as my default graphics card for all these years, and watching it evolve is truly amazing. Nvidia takes what is already the best and makes it even better. The new graphics cards feel great and give me total control of each frame. This is unlike anything that I have experienced before.” - Yiliang "Doublelift" Peng
abraker
I am not sure whether necroing old threads to talk about the times the thread took place and the subject at hand is a valid reason to necro or not :?:
-Makishima S-

WTS...
Vuelo Eluko
im pretty unfamiliar with the graphics accelerators of the AGP days, what sort of chips would have been placed in those open slots? Additional Memory? Kind of doubt it, those 2 chips near the core must be memory... some sort of support for 3d rendering? Chipset?
-Makishima S-

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

im pretty unfamiliar with the graphics accelerators of the AGP days, what sort of chips would have been placed in those open slots? Additional Memory? Kind of doubt it, those 2 chips near the core must be memory... some sort of support for 3d rendering? Chipset?
Additional memory. Card have 1mb as basic in 2 x 512kb banks. Additional slots allows you to put banks of max size of 128kb Which gives additional 1Mb of memory at max.
Vuelo Eluko
interesting, the most vintage piece of tech i have is probably a pci ide controller :(

i bet that thing still works too.

if i had more money to throw around, collecting old components like that one would be one of my choice of hobbies

shit sure can get expensive though.
also that guys seller rating is unreal
Endie-
Just download more ram, fam
holy shit that rhymed