forum

The Offsprings - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rolled
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, January 24, 2008 at 8:45:41 PM

Artist: The Offsprings
Title: Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
BPM: 143.27
Filesize: 10103kb
Play Time: 03:04
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.71 stars, 367 notes)
Download: The Offsprings - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This was a quick 1-2 hour map. I wanted to at least finish the mapping before I sleep.

I am aware that some note spacing is inconsistant, but I do not know why. I think it is a bug with the .6 beat spacing. When placing notes in different directions, they have different spacing. That sentence probably makes no sense. Sorry, I'm tired.

Anyways

EDIT: Woosh. I think I will steer away from lyric-based beats from now on. There are slightly off-beat (off-word?) beats scattered about. If anybody has any suggestion on what to do with them (or if I am just hearing things) let me know.

EDIT2: Fixed up some of the vocal notes, credit goes to Awp. Thank you sir.
awp
Wow.

I didn't think I'd enjoy something by The Offspring (albeit older stuff before they, like every mainstream band, suffers from Drove Syndrome) but you proved me wrong, dood.

Some of the sliders at the opening are iffy though. At 20:02, the next beat is 20:23, but in the song the slider goes until 20:44 to repeat. Also, the next beat is at 20:65 but the slider goes to 20:86 because of the repeat. I advise breaking the repeat, shortening the slider, and throwing in a regular hitcircle.

At 21:70, the slider's a half-beat too long.

The vocals and notes occasionally don't match because the vocals are sung slightly off beat at times, but it's pretty minor. You did a good job of lining them up for the most part. Song's close to being ready to rank.
Topic Starter
Rolled
I understand what you were saying, just not sure if I did what you meant on the map. I think it does sound better though. Thanks for the heads up.

If one more mod (or maybe 2 more people) give an okay on this map, I'll proceed to create a normal in hopes of the ranks. If not, I'll just consider this a dead project.
awp
I don't see why this shouldn't be eligeable; it's well made.

I went through it again, and you remember that spot where the vocals don't match up? Just after 37:40. I thought, what the hell, if I'm going to approve this, might as well correct the segment that was slightly off.

Grab the .osu (check it out if you like, I only moved the cluster of notes from 37:40 to 43:68), reupload it if you approve, and bubble it on my behalf.

Download: The Offsprings - Pretty Fly (For a White Guy) (Rolled) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Rolled
Thank you very much, its a lot better :D. I was planning on getting around to that eventually but I am lazy. Thanks for saving me some time ;P
Green_Wolf_Dog
AWESOME!! i was gonna make a Pretty Fly for a White Guy cuz i wanted one really badly, but now i dont have to!! :D :D :D

*hails Rolled*
chan
This beatmap is fine as I'm concerned, but it's pretty difficult I reckon. Maybe add an easier version?

Also, isn't the artist "The Offspring" and not "The Offsprings"? Well, I think this is pretty rankable otherwise.
Cecilthemos
Perfect timing, and it's really fun to play,
I would rank this, but a lot of people won't play it since there's only 1 difficulty and it happens to be pretty hard
If you want it to be ranked as it is, just go ahead, but I suggest making an easier difficulty so more people can play it.
Zyid
Played it, quite well done, video and everything. It seems that you're not interested in doing a different mode, so I'm just going to rank it as it is. You can always add another difficulty later if you want.
Topic Starter
Rolled
Thanks guys :D And I actually was planning on making another difficulty for this, but I have been quite busy this weekend and got no modding done =/ It will be a pretty busy week too, so can't promise a map any time soon.

I will deffinately look at some other songs tomorrow though, there is some catching up to do. Thanks again for the rank and enjoy!
LuigiHann
What the hell
Topic Starter
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
"The Offsprings"? Really?