forum

Raddox - Still Alive (Raddox Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slezak
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, February 03, 2008 at 10:05:49 PM

Artist: Raddox
Title: Still Alive (Raddox Remix)
BPM: 135
Filesize: 8126kb
Play Time: 04:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Cruisin' (2.95 stars, 324 notes)
Download: Raddox - Still Alive (Raddox Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Greetings, everyone. I'm jumpin' right onto the scene with my first created beatmap. The song is a little over four minutes long and I have to say it's pretty good for a first try. A few credits go to the original Still Alive beatmap's creator. I borrowed one or two ideas from him.

Anyway, this beatmap mostly follows the song. There are a few parts which follow the beat, a couple which follow the lyrics, and even a few which follow the little arpeggio. Overall, I'd have to say this beatmap is great, but not awesome. I mean, it's my first try!

Also, I'd have to say this was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS!
And it's hard to overstate my satisfaction!

Any ideas on how I can improve this? Questions? Comments? Complaints? Cookies? Drop them all off here. I'll try to reply as soon as possible. (Especially for the cookies! :)) Anyway, I may make a Breezin' and/or a Sweatin' version if I feel like it/get enough requests.

UPDATE! Re-timed slightly, offset was a little late. Also, I threw Hitoshirenu Shourai's portal hitcircles in and New Combo'd everything to give it that Portal feel. ALL CREDIT FOR THE SKIN GOES TO HER (peppyedit: kylecito made the skin for the record). I DID NOT MAKE IT.
Rolled
I didn't find any flaws in spacing. And I didn't take a look at the song in edit mode, but the BPM looks good. Very good for your first try, nice work.

The slider speed felt a little slugish, but I don't usually play normal difficulty. I look forward to Sweatin' if you do decide to make one.
Zyid
Played it and looked at it in Edit Mode. I really liked your creative use of sliders, and I believe their sluggishness works to your advantage. The only complaints I can find is that because the vocals are so hard to hear it can be difficult to discern when your beats switch from the vocals to the background.

Also some beats are confusing, like at 1:09:75 where you suddenly switch from vocals to background while using the same pattern. I wish I could describe it better, but I think you know what I mean.

Otherwise it looks good. Smooth it over a bit and I think it'll be ready for ranking.
Topic Starter
Slezak
Thank you all for your comments!
I'll keep all your suggestions in mind and try to see what I can do...

Honestly, this was mostly experimentation, because it was actually my very first time using Edit mode. However, the beats I created just felt right. Anyway, yeah. The reason the sliders are so sluggish is because I forgot to set the slider velocity before I started mapping, but it felt okay to me... Then again, I'm no master of tappin'... By any stretch of the word. If I practice more, I'm sure I'll get better. Oh, look forward to seeing some more beatmaps soon.

Any more requests for an easy (breezin') or hard (sweatin') or even insane version?

Also, about the 1:09:75 part... Yeah, I see what you mean. It seems it might throw a few people off... But hey, that adds a little challenge to it, don't you agree? Also, do you all think I should get rid of the long line of short sliders near the end that make a "circle"? That might be a little too much for a Cruisin' map.
Echo
Great map!

A suggestion - go grab the Portal skin from Hitoshirenu's Still Alive map and stick them in yours! It should make a great addition.

Ready to rank this, just say the word :D
Topic Starter
Slezak
Question: If I throw the Portal skin stuff in there, would you recommend I go back through and make everything a New Combo so it appears blue and orange alternating like in his map?

And also, are you asking me if I want this to be ranked? If so, yes. But I'm still waiting on if anyone has requests for a Breezin' or Sweatin' version, unless I decide to make one without request.

PROBLEM: That's strange, everytime I try to change the colors and reload, they always revert to the originals, and when I open the file, the colors section is gone... A little help here, please?
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

Slezak wrote:

Question: If I throw the Portal skin stuff in there, would you recommend I go back through and make everything a New Combo so it appears blue and orange alternating like in his map?
If you want. I don't really mind.

Slezak wrote:

And also, are you asking me if I want this to be ranked?
Actually, I meant to ask if you were ready for this to be ranked :D But now you've got a Hard difficulty request, so not ranking yet.

Slezak wrote:

PROBLEM: That's strange, everytime I try to change the colors and reload, they always revert to the originals, and when I open the file, the colors section is gone... A little help here, please?
Osu! doesn't save the colours. You can put them in, but you can't save in edit mode or it'll be gone. I thought I bugged peppy to fix that long ago... :shock:
peppy
Osu! doesn't save the colours. You can put them in, but you can't save in edit mode or it'll be gone. I thought I bugged peppy to fix that long ago... :shock:
I'll have this fixed in the build which should already be up >.>
Probably tomorrow!!

Edit: Fixed all that tonight - I'll aim for public release tomorrow, or you can come on IRC today and I'll set you up with the test build.

Also, fun map - I felt it was a bit long and maybe a chorus could be cut out, but I'm a fan of short songs so you get that! I approve of this once the new build is out for colours.
Echo
Hurry up with the Hard difficulty :P

I want this ranked.
chan
Looks fine to me, but what's with new combos for every note? I'll rank it anyway.
Nintendonick4
Niiiiice... Of course, now I have to find that other Still Alive techno I heard at the con, because you just reminded me of it. Good map, gotta jet!

*runs away at super speed*
[deleted user]
thx i love the raddox remix and now i have it on my pc!
:)