forum

The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Breeze
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Lissette
Hi!

These are suggestions, that can make sound better your map, lets see if you like :p
btw I like this song n_n

Normal
00:10:61 (1) - move to the next red tick
00:14:86 (8) - repeat one more time the slider
00:22:88 (6) - move to the next white tick
00:25:08 (1) - move to the next red tick (sounds better, imo)
00:31:85 (2) - remove and put a single note here
00:36:88 (2) - ^
00:40:97 (1) - ^
00:41:91 (3) - ^
00:52:77 (1) - move to the white tick erlier and reverse the slider one more time
00:56:86 (8) - I guess you forgot to silence the end point, am I wrong?
01:08:81 (2) - remove?
01:17:94 (8) - move to the next red tick
01:22:18 (7) - remove and place a single note
01:34:14 (2) - end point at 01:34:45
01:40:27 (5) - remove and start the next slider here, end point of the slider, just where it is
01:42:79 - add note
01:42:95 (4) - move to the next blue tick, end point at 01:43:26, remove the reverse
01:43:89 (1) - remove, and place a slider, start point 01:43:89, end point at 01:44:20, the reverse two times, the last reverse should end at 01:44:83

Star!
Topic Starter
Breeze

Lissette wrote:

Hi!

These are suggestions, that can make sound better your map, lets see if you like :p
btw I like this song n_n

Normal
00:10:61 (1) - move to the next red tick <<fixed
00:14:86 (8) - repeat one more time the slider <<It had matched the song's clap
00:22:88 (6) - move to the next white tick <<fixed
00:25:08 (1) - move to the next red tick (sounds better, imo) <<yeah,fixed
00:31:85 (2) - remove and put a single note here
00:36:88 (2) - ^
00:40:97 (1) - ^
00:41:91 (3) - ^ << ^ all fixed
00:52:77 (1) - move to the white tick erlier and reverse the slider one more time
00:56:86 (8) - I guess you forgot to silence the end point, am I wrong? <<fixed
01:08:81 (2) - remove?
01:17:94 (8) - move to the next red tick <<fixed
01:22:18 (7) - remove and place a single note <<fixed
01:34:14 (2) - end point at 01:34:45 <<fixed
01:40:27 (5) - remove and start the next slider here, end point of the slider, just where it is <<fixed
01:42:79 - add note
01:42:95 (4) - move to the next blue tick, end point at 01:43:26, remove the reverse
01:43:89 (1) - remove, and place a slider, start point 01:43:89, end point at 01:44:20, the reverse two times, the last reverse should end at 01:44:83

Star!
Thanks for your mod ~
kino77
八错八错~我的培养果然是蛮到位滴~

为啥Ross的图就比别人时间长捏..不过捏,SB达人就素不一样!

[normal]
00:10:77(1)-缩短至00:10:93?
00:11:25(x)-加一个圈圈?
01:00:80(7)-去掉?
01:05:04(4)-改成条,从01:04:88开始?
01:21:56(5)-明白你把这里音效调低的用意,但是还是觉得有点奇怪啦...
01:34:14(2)-对齐?
01:42:79(4)-感觉用reavese slider怪怪的.直接用slider并保持原有的长度?
01:43:89(1)-缩短至01:44:37?
01:44:68(x)-加一个圈圈?
01:46:41(1)-把圈改成条,结束于01:46:57?
加油做哈~我还是蛮喜欢这歌的~

PS:不用刻意在里面画个"M"啦~我明白的~ ;)
Topic Starter
Breeze
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
cyanberryio
This was on my queue~ (which means it was still open on Firefox ^^)
And yay Breeze map. :D

The following are suggestions of course.
Modding starts here!

[General]
For timing sections silencing a beat at the end of a slider(or a repeat), set it directly on the end, it won't effect it.
Like in Normal: 00:14:54 - Move that silent section here. Do this only for slider repeats or ends. Circles or beginning of sliders, keep it early. (You did 00:51:82 (8) right.)

[Normal]

--Kiai
Why does it start 1/4th early?

--Beatmap
00:45:85 - A spinner(if placed right)would sound neat here! :D
01:24:07 - Spinner too? (Not too long, so they still get a break. ;))
[/Normal]

Feel free to PM in IRC if you make another difficulty, so I can mod again. ;)

Star'd
alvisto
Remember to wait for me~~~~ I am in the progress of making a difficulty for ya. :3 However, the timing still sounds a bit off... Anyone can help with timing ? :3 Thanks !

P.S. : Star first. =D
Inozuma
gdeath
hi!Breeze!
modding time!

[NORMAL]
00:44:27 (5) 确定在这里要设置连打?虽然这里的歌词对上了,但是作为normal,设置连打是不是有些困难?
嘛,不过也不是没见过normal下连打的图。(好吧,这个问题当我没说过,应该没什么问题。继续下面

00:55:76 (5) end of slider - clap
00:56:23 (6) clap
00:56:86 (8) whistle (end 不要加

great map and nice storyboard.
star for your map!
Gens
Timing check on request~

1. BPM: 95.30
  2. Offset: 380
Yup, this seems like it's the real deal.

Also:

00:17:06 (4,5) - Hmmm, you need to restack these. Know how? You can use a Distance Snap multiplier of 0.0x, and turning Grid Snap off. Try to move the note around and tada~

This difficulty looks good.
Topic Starter
Breeze

Gens wrote:

Timing check on request~

1. BPM: 95.30
  2. Offset: 380
Yup, this seems like it's the real deal. :arrow: ah~thanks very much for timing help!

Also:

00:17:06 (4,5) - Hmmm, you need to restack these. Know how? You can use a Distance Snap multiplier of 0.0x, and turning Grid Snap off. Try to move the note around and tada~ :arrow: fixed

This difficulty looks good.
thanks, after your timing help, other diffculty will come soon, and when it has 30+SP, please check it again
Topic Starter
Breeze

Alex0686 wrote:

This was on my queue~ (which means it was still open on Firefox ^^)
And yay Breeze map. :D

The following are suggestions of course.
Modding starts here!

[General]
For timing sections silencing a beat at the end of a slider(or a repeat), set it directly on the end, it won't effect it.
Like in Normal: 00:14:54 - Move that silent section here. Do this only for slider repeats or ends. Circles or beginning of sliders, keep it early. (You did 00:51:82 (8) right.) :arrow: I think it's OK, anyway, thanks for this suggestion

[Normal]

--Kiai
Why does it start 1/4th early?

--Beatmap
00:45:85 - A spinner(if placed right)would sound neat here! :D :arrow: yeah, you're right
01:24:07 - Spinner too? (Not too long, so they still get a break. ;)) :arrow: fixed
[/Normal]

Feel free to PM in IRC if you make another difficulty, so I can mod again. ;)

Star'd
Topic Starter
Breeze

gdeath wrote:

hi!Breeze!
modding time!

[NORMAL]
00:44:27 (5) 确定在这里要设置连打?虽然这里的歌词对上了,但是作为normal,设置连打是不是有些困难?
嘛,不过也不是没见过normal下连打的图。(好吧,这个问题当我没说过,应该没什么问题。继续下面 :arrow: gdeath你真可爱///

00:55:76 (5) end of slider - clap
00:56:23 (6) clap :arrow: 加了
00:56:86 (8) whistle (end 不要加 :arrow: 这个就没有加了

great map and nice storyboard.
star for your map!
谢谢
GabrielRKF
I love Friends ^^
*star* =]
Topic Starter
Breeze

roxkyuubiforever wrote:

I love Friends ^^
*star* =]
thanks very much :)
cyanberryio
You didn't tell me. *o*

Oh well, I'll mod what I can. ;)

[Buddies]
01:23:48 (7) - Lengthen by 1/4th? (IMO, it fits more)
01:42:21 (3) - Lengthen by 1/8th?
02:10:46 (4) - Start 1/8th later? (And then fix the end and spacing)
02:55:09 (Timing Section) - Move 1/4th later.
02:58:08 (Timing Section) - ^
Nothing much. >_> Other than the ugly sliders(I can fix them up. n.n). :P (I think some of them may be unrankable)

What bothers me is that it follows the lyrics. >_> That's really it :P

(Heh, soon there needs to be a TV Show Beatmap Pack, this and I'm making Cheap Trick - In The Street [That 70s Show theme] :P)
awp
Just a couple general comments

I got an offset of 374, which is only -6, so not a big deal.

Between the two difficulties, it's somewhat difficult to tell which is the easier difficulty and which is the harder one. Based on the HP drain, I'm guessing Buddies is Hard mode. The Difficulty sliders are rather similar between the two, and it blurs the line a bit.

[Friends]
Given that Friends should be the easier difficulty, my advice is to let go of the lyrics a bit. You really should be avoiding quarter-snapping at all costs (except perhaps in rare cases of short repeat sliders such as 00:14:85 (1) - this seems okay and very appropriate to me). The problem with lyric snapping in songs like this is that you need to basically know the song by heart to play it, and that distances the vast majority of players from following along. It should have a natural, fluid feel to it.

00:14:06 (7) - While I don't want to trample on creativity, I find the silent slider tails very off-putting. I can understand not wanting to trample over the rhythm of the song, but might I recommend briefly switching to the soft sampleset instead of pure silence? A nice little jingle sounds good, in my opinion.

00:32:95 (1) - Having these land off-beat sounds odd to me. You don't need to have a break in there, so you can extend spinners like this an extra half-beat.

Seems like you've got a decent feel for beatmapping otherwise, though if I were to be picky I'd mention the occasional trips I encountered on Buddies such as 00:34:85 (3) - (the activity prior to this makes me think something is happening on the half-beat when it isn't; quarter-beat mapping is tricky to do intuitively)

Buuuut I'll give you a coveted awpstar, since I think this map is reasonably well on its way. Also, I like the simple storyboard touches. I was hoping to see this song on osu! eventually.
RemmyX25
Just thought it's worth mentioning since no one else picked up on it (unless it's in the .osu and I'm only looking at thread title)

Please make sure you properly capitalize the song title.
Topic Starter
Breeze

Alex0686 wrote:

You didn't tell me. *o*

Oh well, I'll mod what I can. ;)

[Buddies]
01:23:48 (7) - Lengthen by 1/4th? (IMO, it fits more) :arrow: yeah, you're right, fixed
01:42:21 (3) - Lengthen by 1/8th? :arrow: well, 1/8 maybe confused...anyway, fixed first
02:10:46 (4) - Start 1/8th later? (And then fix the end and spacing) :arrow: here I think is OK
02:55:09 (Timing Section) - Move 1/4th later.
02:58:08 (Timing Section) - ^ :arrow: It's OK~ IMO
Nothing much. >_> Other than the ugly sliders(I can fix them up. n.n). :P (I think some of them may be unrankable)

What bothers me is that it follows the lyrics. >_> That's really it :P

(Heh, soon there needs to be a TV Show Beatmap Pack, this and I'm making Cheap Trick - In The Street [That 70s Show theme] :P)
thanks for taking a look at it again~
Topic Starter
Breeze

awp wrote:

Just a couple general comments

I got an offset of 374, which is only -6, so not a big deal. :arrow: I'm not good at timing, anyway, I believe you're right, fixed

Between the two difficulties, it's somewhat difficult to tell which is the easier difficulty and which is the harder one. Based on the HP drain, I'm guessing Buddies is Hard mode. The Difficulty sliders are rather similar between the two, and it blurs the line a bit.

[Friends]
Given that Friends should be the easier difficulty, my advice is to let go of the lyrics a bit. You really should be avoiding quarter-snapping at all costs (except perhaps in rare cases of short repeat sliders such as 00:14:85 (1) - this seems okay and very appropriate to me). The problem with lyric snapping in songs like this is that you need to basically know the song by heart to play it, and that distances the vast majority of players from following along. It should have a natural, fluid feel to it. :arrow: reduced the diffculty of [Friends]

00:14:06 (7) - While I don't want to trample on creativity, I find the silent slider tails very off-putting. I can understand not wanting to trample over the rhythm of the song, but might I recommend briefly switching to the soft sampleset instead of pure silence? A nice little jingle sounds good, in my opinion. :arrow: added soft hit sound

00:32:95 (1) - Having these land off-beat sounds odd to me. You don't need to have a break in there, so you can extend spinners like this an extra half-beat.

Seems like you've got a decent feel for beatmapping otherwise, though if I were to be picky I'd mention the occasional trips I encountered on Buddies such as 00:34:85 (3) - (the activity prior to this makes me think something is happening on the half-beat when it isn't; quarter-beat mapping is tricky to do intuitively) :arrow: even though I don't understand something...anyway, thanks very much to advice me so many tips

Buuuut I'll give you a coveted awpstar, since I think this map is reasonably well on its way. Also, I like the simple storyboard touches. I was hoping to see this song on osu! eventually.
show more