forum

Edit screen directed to user's beatmaps [Redolved] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
chan
This is pretty minor, but I think that when you go to the edit screen (at least initially), your own folder of beatmaps you created should automatically open up. Of course, if you haven't made any, then it would go to the song playing in the mp3 player. So this only applies if the user goes straight to the editor upon opening osu!.

Well, I thought it was a good idea at the time. Would be appreciated by hardcore beatmappers I should think!
eyup
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
chan
Well even for beatmappers, they're automatically directed to the song being played in the osu! mp3 player preview, which is randomly selected on startup anyway. Even then, this is only supposed to be implemented on the instance when the user selects edit mode after opening up osu!.
Surge_old
good idea in the topic right there
awp
Leaving the edit mode of a particular song should also return to the edit song list as oppose to title screen I think.
Topic Starter
chan

awp wrote:

Leaving the edit mode of a particular song should also return to the edit song list as oppose to title screen I think.
Definitely! I have stated that this is ONLY for when someone opens up osu! and immediately selects "edit mode". This does not apply if someone has entered play mode or has already edited another song! Man, I thought I was clear on this :(

chan wrote:

So this ONLY applies if the user goes straight to the editor upon opening osu!.
Echo
I usually choose sort by creator and choose my own name to find my beatmaps.
Topic Starter
chan

Echo49 wrote:

So a feature like this would be good for people like you! +1 for me!
awp

Echo49 wrote:

I have started doing the same.

It's pretty advantageous to have a handle that starts with 'a' lol
peppy
(*) Added "My Maps" filter mode for edit song selection. Only shows maps created by the currently logged user.