forum

Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda - Time's Scar

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phrygian
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 29 January 2008 at 09:57:40 PM

Artist: Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda
Title: Time's Scar
BPM: 80
Filesize: 3881kb
Play Time: 02:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.97 stars, 145 notes)
  2. Hard (4.34 stars, 244 notes)
  3. Insane (4.69 stars, 302 notes)
Download: Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda - Time's Scar
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This song is from the opening of Chrono Cross. It starts out slow, but quickly jumps into a frantic violin section. The the strings and the percussion in the background are great, so I thought it would make a nice beatmap.

All of the maps don't always stick to the melody. If you can't seem to figure out what's happening, try looking in edit mode or listening to the bass line or the percussion.

All comments are appreciated, of course. =D

Insane completed... it's reaaaallly hard though. =D It is definitely passable once you're used to the rhythms. It may require some watching in edit unless you're really familiar with the song. And even then >_>...

Edit: BPM fixed, thanks a lot Echo!
Rolled
It does not look like distance snap was used a lot in this map, that is not good :(. It is important that notes the same beat-spacing apart are placed accordingly on the map (that is, the same spacing)

Some things that should be looked at asap:

The first set of 8th notes, towards the beginning.
1:14:01 - the start of the red combo. Way too close.
2:05:20 - too close

Those are the worse ones, but I do suggest going through the entire song at a slow speed and any notes you see differently spaced from the rest, whether too close or too far, have a look at.

It does look as though the further into the song you get, the more you got the feel for it (placement wise) Good song, I like the extreme change of speed. The first slider caught be very offguard :P
Mifune24
Been so long since I heard this song. Memories...

I agree on the beatspacing being iffy at first, but does get better as the song progresses. Other than that, cool beatmap.

Nice touch on that group of sliders shaped like the Frozen Flame.
Zyid
BPM in the first section sounds a bit off. Try it at 80.00, but don't necessarily take my word for it - BPM has never been my specialty. Spacing looks fairly good now, but some parts like 43:60 are still inconsistent. Give it another thorough examination and it should be close to ranking. I'm going to give it a thought bubble for now.
awp
This is a delicious song. Man I loved Chrono Cross' soundtrack.

Anyhow, about the beatmap. Only a few things bugged me...

34:53 - the short-slider-to-double-tap kinda throws the feel of the song off. It follows the flute well enough but upsets the flow a bit. I'd recommend turning the start point of the slider into a hitcircle, and where the slider normally ends, make a short repeating slider to get that triple-kick sound.

Slider at 54:03 is early. Try 54:22 and keeping the end point fixed on the halfbeat there at 54:78.

AH FRIGGIN HELL!

Okay, so you know the part where it speeds up? Your BPM was wrong...I'm getting 223.55...And then, I went and did something that no beatmap moderator should be doing. I re-snapped and, where appropriate, remapped the next 25~30 seconds of the song. Up to 1:32:28.

I couldn't help it.

The song is so good.

It's not my fault.

Take a look here at the attached .osu - hopefully it'll help you get a better feel for the beats. I think I know what you were trying to do.

By the way, I'm stealing the bubble for now, but once you go through it again and if it looks good enough...well, I'll call in a favour or two.

Download: Chrono Cross - Yasunori Mitsuda - Time's Scar (Moogle) [AwpHard].osu
Topic Starter
Phrygian
AGGGGHHH, I'm an idiot. xD

I originally had the BPM you suggested... I just was trying a suggested BPM from someone else. I hit exit, then don't save.

Then, I re uploaded it with changes, but DIDN'T NOTICE THE NEW BPM was still there. O_O

I really had 223.55 originally. O_o Edit(Or not, I really had 223.63, still better than 223.88 at least)

I also really like the changes you did put in, I'll incorporate them now. Should I just credit you, or what should I do?

Really sorry about all the work I put you through with my stupidity. xD Something COULD be wrong with the saving system, but it's probably just me. xD (Edit: Nope, nothing wrong with saving, I'm just forgot it asks you to save when you test. xDD)
awp

Moogle wrote:

I also really like the changes you did put in, I'll incorporate them now. Should I just credit you, or what should I do?
A great beatmap to a great song is good enough thanks for me.

Moogle wrote:

Really sorry about all the work I put you through
I blame the composer for dragging me in and not lettin' me out.

When I'd correct a section, the next section was only half a second at most away and when that sounded out of time, I'd just fix that little bit, and then the next part was half a second away and out of time, and recusion AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

this'll be great when it's done. I did a Stepmania map to this song years ago lol
Topic Starter
Phrygian
Agh, after changing the BPM back to the right one, I accidentally resnapped to 1/2 and saved.... *sigh*

Time for a LOT of repositioning. =| I'll get it done though. If anyone has the original one I uploaded BEFORE I mentioned the edit where I change the BPM, I would GREATLY appreciate it if you put it up. On that one, it should already have the BPM at 223.55 and all snapped perfectly.

The thing is, I don't remember resnapping it after trying the suggested BPM from someone else... I determined it was too fast, and I'm pretty sure I just hit X then don't save. Oh well.
awp
If you just screwed something up hardcore you can redownload the one I attached? @_@

Also, I wouldn't rely on auto-snapping for something like this. Note for note! It shouldn't take too long.
Topic Starter
Phrygian
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Rolled
Topic Starter
Phrygian
Nope, too new. Oh well.
Zyid
Topic Starter
Phrygian
It's all fixed now, thanks for uploading those files anyway. =D
awp
I'm going to police the hell out of this one until it's perfect, you know.

Hmm~ six more hours and I can have a look.

EDIT: Forgot to look. Was busy all of last night, oops. Here's to tonight!

EDIT EDIT: Yay, looked. You're perfect up until 2:11:17...the remainder of the map needs to be redone though...it's pretty incoherent. Actually, even up to 2:15:47 is not bad, but what the hell is going on with the last 6 seconds of gameplay...?
Topic Starter
Phrygian
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I made that edit, probably yesterday evening...so about 18 or 17 hours ago. By incoherent, I basically meant "this beatmap has stopped following this music". Not necessarily the pattern, but the timing.

But as you say it could have been outdated. We'll find out soon enough.
awp
Okay I updated the beatmap and the very end still doesn't sound much like it's following anything. This starts around 2:15:60, but it's really just the last few notes that bother me.

...You know what, it looks weird in the editor, but it actually handles pretty decently. Quite good.

Now have fun making an easier difficulty <3

btw you have inspired me to deviate from my own plans with a CC track.
Topic Starter
Phrygian
Hmm, I guess I'll change the last few notes... Now that I think about it, they aren't a pattern you'd expect... I just sort of felt that the rhythm fit. But it's impossible for me to expect the player to guess that. xD

I'll update that and make an easier difficulty. Thanks again for all the comments.
awp
By the way it's bubble worthy I just want to see another difficulty ;{
show more