forum

Ryuusei no Rockman 1+2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
machol30
Ryuusei no Rockman, or Mega Man Star Force, is like my second series in the Rockman universe. (Classic is the first) Will write more here later

If you've played the EXE, or Battle Network, series, then you'd probably see the similarities, though a few differences. First of all, it is for the DS instead of the GBA. The battle-map is different, instead of playing horizontally, you play vertically. And you can't move up, only side, but when you press Down, you can lock on your following attack to the opponent (if that card can lock.) Also, if you press Y, you get this neat shield! Pressing A will use your card as in the first game, and pressing B will do a rapid fire buster, and you don't have to hold it to charge! Isn't that great? And instead of having to use the Navi Customizer, which isn't in this game, you use War-Rock's, or Omega-Xis (that is such a bad translation :cry: ,) weapon change to... change your weapon... you get different stats for each, and neat affects!

Here is the official site.

Anything else, you can go Here.

I may add more later.
GSR_old
Yeah, I know a lot about this series. Mainly since I work for the group subbing the anime. :P

I'll be first to admit it's not exactly stellar plot and in the end it really is just EXE7 in terms of gameplay, but what the hell. If I want a deep, complex game, I'll go play Advance Wars: Days of Ruin.

Which may I add also rocks.
Cecilthemos
I like the EXE series a lot more.
I just couldn't stand Geo, he's nothing compared to Lan!
And the multiplayer kinda sucked because of the limited movement...
But the story mode is sweet, I got to Lv. 100 and just had no desire to play since there was no online play,
I hope #2 has online (It might have been confirmed, but I haven't been keeping up on it)
GSR_old

Cecilthemos wrote:

I hope #2 has online (It might have been confirmed, but I haven't been keeping up on it)
I have the JP version of RnR2 on my flashcard, and yes, there's online multiplayer.
Cecilthemos
Hmm, is the multiplayer better?
If so I might play through it in Japanese.
MegaTailzChao
...There's a second one?

God damn why have I not heard of it before and why do I not have it yet? >:[
awp
It sounds like it's JP ONRY at the moment.
MusicFan
Yes, RnR 2 is only in japan at the moment.

I've been keeping an eye on this game, as well as the anime, and I
find that I like what I see.

For the most part.

For example, we all know that in battle, you are stuck at the back row, while the enemy
has free roam over the rest. But why they did this is rather confusing, and I favor
Battle Network over this. Simply because I like to move in more places than the back row.

The battle-card system is also an improvement of sorts, as there are no messy
codes to work with. AND you get a choice of six instead of five cards off the bat.
But the new restrictions apply to what column the cards are in, or similarities,
and PAs have been changed drastically.

The 3D battlefield is nice, however. That's what drew me to it in the first place. :D

The anime is alright, you get to see some well animated fight scenes in there.
DATS does a good job subbing the anime, and from them I could tell that the
guys dubbing the series was trying to get in as much as they could.
But the dubs end at #13, sadly. That's 26 japanese eps.

Half the series.

All in all, some pros, some cons, but definetly worth looking at.
MegaTailzChao

awp wrote:

It sounds like it's JP ONRY at the moment.
daaaaamn it better come to America sometime soon because I want to play it and I refuse the play RPGs in Japanese.
eirrol
This game is no good. Just too easy. Nothing like EXE! I rather play the old Twin Leaders~ with the liberate missions.
Why there isn't a EXE7 come out!! ahhhh
MusicFan

eirrol wrote:

This game is no good. Just too easy. Nothing like EXE! I rather play the old Twin Leaders~ with the liberate missions.

Believe it or not, a group of fans are making a MMBN7.
No, I'm not one of them; no, you can't see much anymore.
Their site is here.
You can't see very much, as it's still in early stages I'm sure, and there's speculation
on whether or not it should be shut down. But it's been up for a while now(at least 6 months)
so that might not be a problem.
Cecilthemos
I've heard about that, I can't wait for it...
I was just pissed in EXE 6 how the Party Battle System from DTDS was taken out, 6 had the best battles, and constantly swapping between Navis would have made it so much better.
eirrol
I've seen it. The Rockman in it looks ugly... I also played the trail version.. I hope I know how to code so I can make my own game just like PEPPY-sama!
Topic Starter
machol30

MusicFan wrote:

eirrol wrote:

Believe it or not, a group of fans are making a MMBN7.
No, I'm not one of them; no, you can't see much anymore.
Their site is here.
You can't see very much, as it's still in early stages I'm sure, and there's speculation
on whether or not it should be shut down. But it's been up for a while now(at least 6 months)
so that might not be a problem.
They've completely abandoned EXE7 mainly; there's not going to be another EXE game. So far, all fan-made EXE games have failed. Plus, EXE7 has been in developement for well over a year; they shut it down about like 4 months ago or something around that.
GSR_old
For anyone interested, they've confirmed a translation of RnR2 to be released in June.