forum

The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Maythius
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 9:42:19 PM

Artist: The Doobie Brothers
Title: What A Fool Believes
BPM: 119.65
Filesize: 4300kb
Play Time: 02:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.38 stars, 147 notes)
Download: The Doobie Brothers - What A Fool Believes
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
My first beatmap... Comments are appreciated

EDIT: The timing is better
Topic Starter
Maythius
has anyone had a chance to play it? If something is wrong with it let me know

:D thanks
Phrygian
I played it, and it's a good map. =D
There were a few things I noticed though...

05:10 - beats too close
Circle 2 at 08:27 not snapped...
2:02:86 - beatspacing needs more thought.
2:27:93, start new combo
2:43:47 - beatspacing again.

I'm not too picky with beatspacing, but those spots need it to be changed a little.
I think you have a really good feel for where to put beats rhythmically in this song. =D

However, the BPM is definitely wrong... You did a pretty good job of moving beats to match exactly, but if you had just chosen a better BPM from the start, you would have saved yourself a lot of work. That, and the timing would be better. In this case, I'm not sure it matters...
Topic Starter
Maythius
sigh* the timing aggravated me so much for some reason lol. I'm well aware the metronome timing is off, I got really lazy and tried to work around it. After playing around with the editor for a few days, I see how much easier it would have been if I timed it.

I made the changes the best I could. Thanks for helping me out Moogle. The next beatmap I put together will be tight :mrgreen:
chan
Timing on this one is a bit tricky, here's what I got:
00:01:26 119.70 BPM
01:01:41 122.14 BPM
01:50:53 121.57 BPM

The last one goes a bit off towards the end of the song, but by the time you notice it going out of rhythm, there aren't any beats there, so I guess that's your call.

Additionally, this beatmap could do with a healthy dose of beat/distance spacing, but you'll need to do that after you resnap and recalculate all your slider lengths.
Topic Starter
Maythius
wow I thought this beatmap died, lol. Thanks for the help chan; I'll make the changes ASAP!
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.