forum

Mizuki Nana - Shin Ai

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mystearica
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on August 31, 2009 at 2:51:48 PM

Artist: Mizuki Nana
Title: Shin Ai
Tags: Anime J-Pop White Album
BPM: 133
Filesize: 4359kb
Play Time: 02:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.21 stars, 236 notes)
  2. Special (4.87 stars, 418 notes)
Download: Mizuki Nana - Shin Ai
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
orz
Dremonak
a
Lakylog
Nice beatmap, there :) really good song aswell, gonna be trying to master this for a while :D
MegaManEXE
Now I know Innocent Starter is technically your final beatmap, but as this is my last normal difficulty I will be making for you, I figured I should write something here, even if it won't be as widely read here. Sadly, I don't consider this my best normal; far from it, in fact, but oh well. This one's a little on the harder side much like Innocent Starter's, but it has no stacks/streams and should be at least passable by newbies, even if they can't fc it right away.

I'll start with a little backstory I guess.

Shin Ai was started a few days ago but was put on hold when Mystearica decided to quit and put up Innocent Starter, so I hurried to produce a normal to have a complete map for that. I really wanted to finish Shin Ai though for people like the two posters above me. I know this map will probably never be ranked, which is unfortunate in itself, but knowing that there are people out there who can appreciate good quality maps, even if they aren't ranked, gave me the motivation to finish this map, as well as to give her 5 complete beatmap sets in pending so both experienced and new players alike can enjoy these maps that both of us poured our hearts into.

I'm not the world's greatest mapper, but in the 2 1/2 weeks that I have been mapping I've learned a lot, after mapping 8 normal/easy guest difficulties as well as 2 insanes, a hard, and half of a normal for my own map, and I'm grateful for these opportunities to hone my techniques and learn more about the mapping process. I really do enjoy making normals, I think my style is best suited for them and hers best suited for mapping hards/insanes. In the past week I think we managed to crank out 4 or 5 complete beatmap sets of decent/good quality (imo) between the two of us, which I think, at least, is pretty impressive for a pair of new mappers.

Yet now one is leaving, and one is staying; the partnership is dissolved. I almost feel like a part of me is leaving the game too, since I won't have any more normals to make, or a rival to compete against or catch up to, or someone to talk to any time of the day about osu!-related things. Nothing lasts forever though, and people and life moves on. This summer has been a lot of fun, and it's because of this game that I've been able to forge a great friendship and make many new friends. I doubt I'll be able to continue playing osu! as often since school starts next month but I will not quit. I do thoroughly enjoy osu! as a game, and I do plan to continue playing and mapping, but I will do so purely for myself and I will share the maps with my friends. If something somehow turns out really stellar then I might go through the arduous task of getting it ranked, but who knows.

...I really wanted to write something nice and short here but I always manage to turn things into fucking novels, so I'll just stop now.

And with all that said, the normal factory closes its doors for good.

Download: Mizuki Nana - Shin Ai (Mystearica) [Normal].osu
Alace
Nicely post
I won`t quit too
i just want to be free and be myself

I am glad to know you guys
my guys make my life colorful
so i don`t feel like to lose any one

you are a cool mapper
I like all of your normal/easy diffs
you think i am better but i am not
I just map a lot(james said the same thing to me)
you can be as good as me or better than me if you map more
we guys are really enjoy mapping
i really enjou=y mod maps made by this kind of people

come on
make yourself to be a hard factory lol
MegaManEXE
I'm flattered, really, but I've only just started mapping, I have a lot more experience to gain before I can make excellent quality beatmaps like the top mappers out there.

And I'll consider the hard factory thing, it's easier said than done. XD

Normals are much more my thing.
DeadAlready
Tear onesama <3

good map too.

stared☆★
minyeob
Offset: 10,235

[Special]
55:90(kiai) -> I think starting this kiai from 56:70 is better.

I feel so lonely. Yeah I have #korean s but they're inactive on osu! community.
I need more kind people, like you :p
Topic Starter
Mystearica
I like the offset I currently have better after testing :o

And I would also prefer to keep kiai as it is :P
gdeath
nice nice~i like nana\(^o^)/
star~☆
Harken1
star
Cyril Scarlet
nice map =w=b
Takuma
Ehh, I think this .mp3 ending is not so good, the fade out I mean.

Special:
01:12:03 (1) - The BPM change does not fit imo.
01:48:12 (1) - I don't know about this. I think it would make more sense if you deleted the previous (4) and move this beat to where the (4) originally ended.

Normal:
01:29:17 (4) - Inconsistent spacing.

la la la la~ deepsea is so kind
Topic Starter
Mystearica
IRC discussion + fixes, thanks otaku.
Takuma
hooray
minyeob
:; Takuma so pro

[Normal]
01:29:85 (5) - Extend 1/4 beat(End this slider on white tick, please)
02:36:62 (3) - This might be an inconsistent spacing.
tieff

minyeob wrote:

[Normal]
01:29:85 (5) - Extend 1/4 beat(End this slider on white tick, please)
It's not a big deal. I can call it own beats.

I wanna rank it, but jumps on easiest diff really bother me, sorry.

EDIT: Some IRC mod and bubble from me.
Topic Starter
Mystearica
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Takuma
Ranked!