forum

In-game skinner

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Green_Wolf_Dog
has an In-Game Skinner been requested already? if not, yay for me. if so plz, tell me
LuigiHann
I don't think it's been requested yet, no. What do you have in mind? I'm not sure what an in-game skinner would do. Making a skin is just a matter of editing images...
awp
The utility would be kind of limited, I think. Unless you're asking peppy to go ahead and code an entire graphical paint program that rivals GIMP or Photoshop/Illustrator or Flash or what-have-you, odds are it's not going to get a lot of use.

That got me thinking, though - rather than an In-Game editor, wouldn't it be handy if there was a skin previewer? Basically a standalone client that allows you to test each of the images in a pseudo-game environment, such as:

Test hitcircles:
(optional parameters)
-Force 300
-Force 100
-Force 50

Test Spinner

Test Slider
(optional parameters)
-Repeats: n

View Ranking Screen

View Pause Menu

View Song Selection Menu

etc~
LuigiHann
That would be somewhat nice.
peppy
Isn't it easy enough to test by recording a replay with what you want to see? ;)
LuigiHann
I usually just watch a bunch of replays. It'd still be nice to be able to view elements like the spinner and sliders on demand. Not a big deal, of course.
awp
I didn't think so much as to use replays lol

I just threw some shit onto the start of one of my beatmaps
eyup
Well I think a skin menu is planned - it can incorporate all the Test Spinner etc features.