forum

2pm - Tetris

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bonesnake
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on zaterdag 2 februari 2008 at 16:33:57

Artist: 2pm
Title: Tetris
BPM: 140
Filesize: 9649kb
Play Time: 02:57
Difficulties Available:
  1. Level 3 (easy) (2,96 stars, 262 notes)
  2. Level 12 (hard) (4,45 stars, 364 notes)
Download: 2pm - Tetris
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
So, i've kinda been away for a while, but i felt like making a beatmap again. So here it is, some tetris remix. I tried making tetris blocks with the notes wich kinda worked.

Also there's a game of tetris playing in the background
Phrygian
Themed beatmaps are great, and I love the tetris theme.

Things follow the music pretty well, but you might want to rethink what happens at 42 seconds, I'm not sure if you were trying to follow the melody there or not, but it doesn't match. (Edit: Ooops, that was just because I forgot I resnapped it after trying the new offset. I looked again and it was fine. =D)

However, the timing is pretty off. I think the BPM is fine at 140, but try the offset at 6960 and it's much better. You should also remove that second timing section that starts when the techno beat kicks in... this song only needs one timing section as it does not actually get faster at that point. And don't forget to resnap everything. =D

Nice beatmap, it's nice to see unique beat patterns. =D (But I didn't notice any T blocks. =O)
Topic Starter
Bonesnake
thanks for the offset, i can never get that right the first time. The second timing space is acctually there to kick in the Hard sound set when the techno kicks in. I don't know if there's another way to do that?

Also i was planning on putting in T blocks and the other one, but the spacing would be a bit weird. I might try to put one in there somehow :P.
Phrygian
Oh. Ooops, forgot about the change to hard sounds. xP

The best way to add it is probably to go into the timing menu, and watch the ball go back and forth, then when the song changes, gradually slide the offset of the second one until it matches where the ball was going to be on the first timing section... It's kinda hard to explain... I think it falls on beat one though, so just try to line the offset of the second one with the first beat.
Topic Starter
Bonesnake
Giving this a bump from the grave. Didn't add T blocks or the like, doesnt really go with the rest of the song/patern.
Phrygian
... I was kidding about the T blocks... xD But I guess I wasn't clear.
awp
I didn't even go over this in edit mode as it seemed pretty spot on to me.

Excellent work.
Topic Starter
Bonesnake
Added an ( bit boring ) easy map.
Rolled
Very nice map. All of the straight lines did get a bit boring to me after a while, but it is Tetris so..

Bubble'd.

edit: Something for the next mod to look at:

The second offset at 33950, would that make a difference if it were at 34380? I remember echo giving some speech about offsets on irc last night but not sure if this is relevant. I'll leave this bubbled anyway.
Cecilthemos
I approve, it seems fine to me.
Rolled: the problem he had with my offset was that it was slightly early (I changed it to what EiJi had right before it got ranked).
This one sounds right on time to me.
Also, *ranks*
luke27
I like so much this beatmap. It was the first I downloaded and I have passed it about 30 times without get bored :)
[Aqian]
嗯哼~
Menoshe
Very intuitive. As long as you're decent at the game, it will only take a few tries to get the hang of this song.
DX5536
This map is good for training single tap in low bpm :D