forum

Tomoko Sasaki - Ristar - Credits

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Slezak
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, February 04, 2008 at 2:06:30 PM

Artist: Tomoko Sasaki
Title: Ristar - Credits
BPM: 103.12
Filesize: 2347kb
Play Time: 01:51
Difficulties Available:
  1. Breezin' (1.44 stars, 104 notes)
  2. Cruisin' (2.79 stars, 147 notes)
  3. Sweatin' (4.08 stars, 183 notes)
Download: Tomoko Sasaki - Ristar - Credits
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Ristar. If the name doesn't sound familiar with you, go look up some videos on YouTube. It was an awesome game. And even though the music of the Genesis/MegaDrive is cheezy-sounding, Ristar's soundtrack still FREAKIN' AWESOME! I figured I'd beatmap the credits song, because it really gets me movin'!

This particular beatmap has two versions so far: Breezin' (Easy), and Cruisin' (Normal). It's a short song, but don't let down your guard. And watch out! There are numerous off-beat sections where the notes don't fall on the normal one-two-three-four. You'll have to listen to the rhythm and find the groove. It also helps to listen to just the song a few times. This song also has the quirk of being in swing (or shuffle) time. Keep that in mind as you tap away at those cleverly-placed circles and drag along those interestingly-shaped sliders. There are more syncopated rhythms than Swing Day on planet Sonata!

Just like always, if you have any questions/comments/complaints/cookies, don't hesitate to reply! I'll be looking here from time to time. And if you want to request a Sweatin' version, I can do one... But be ready for some hard stuff.

As you notice above, this song has a strange BPM... I think I got it exactly right, though.
I had to reupload a couple times because at first I forgot to edit the Breezin' offset, then I forgot to re-snap the notes. It's fixed now... Or not! I need to look over my resnapped beatmaps before I upload them again... Fixed... again.
Thanks to Rolled for his advice. The beats in Cruisin' mode have been re-spaced from around 44-58 seconds. Please update. Thankies!

MAJOR UPDATE! Everything has been re-timed, re-spaced, and I added a Sweatin' version! And oh my gosh is the Sweatin' version hard. I hope you're ready for it. Also, I changed the MP3 slightly. Haha...
Gyaaah! How does the offset keep being wrong? I keep synching it up... Re-timed again. I hope this does it for good. Oh, and thanks for the comments, Moogle.
Why do I do this? I need to remember to resnap the notes after I re-time... Fixed, hopefully for the last time.
Rolled
This map has great potential. Like the song too, btw.

The only thing is the spacing. It is a problem a lot throughout the song =/ I'll point out a few specific ones that will hopefully help you get a better idea about spacing.

44:52 is the combo start. Notice how the 1 and the 2 are both a half beat apart. This is spaced well. The three and the four are also acceptable. The three is spaced as if it were a full beat apart from the 2 (which it is) and the 4 is spaced a half beat from the 3. The problem is the 5. The 5 is spaced as if it were a full beat away from the 4, but it is 1.5 beats away. It is important that spacing is consistant throughout the entire song, it is one of the most, if not THE most important things about a beatmap.

48:88 - 58:19 - The same problem. All of these notes are spaced as if they were somewhere between a half and a full note (in comparison to 44:52) Yet they differ greatly in beats. I think with my explanation of 44:52, you can figure out the spacing in these few combos. If you would need a futher (better :P) explanation, or anything else just feel free to ask, or contact me through MSN. I'd be glad to help you with the spacing, as the song and the timing is excellent.
Phrygian
I only tried sweatin', and I like the beatmap, especially that bit at 49:79. My only problem with that is that it's hard to see the beats when you're coming back, I'd move the whole thing up a space so it's visible.

One other thing, at 21:57, the beats are.. odd... It looks like an accident to me, so you should know how to fix it. xD

You also might want to consider making that slider a little shorter and putting in more beats... it's just a little long for my tastes, but that's just my opinion... Also, that part right after the spinner where the beats are spaced, it's a little hard for mouse players, especially compared to the rest. I like the idea, just keep them a little closer. Spacing looks good to me for the rest of the map. (Then again, I really don't think that spacing is quite as important as Rolled thinks... xD) (But he's a mod and I'm not, so you should probably listen to them if you want it ranked. ^^)

It's good overall. Mabye I should stop being so lazy and unlock Ristar in Sonic Mega Collection... xD (Stupid unlocking method in that game xP)