forum

Marathon Mode [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
illuminist
You can choose to not do this request if it is too strange.

In my idea, Marathon mode is to stack up chosen songs together. And play along like some non-stop beatmap.

o o o ooo
--|---|---|---|---|>>
o o o ooo ~ o o o
>>|---|---|---|---|- ~ -|---|---|---|>>
o o o
>>---|----|----|----|----|
o = Note
| = White tick in editor
>> = Fade in/out

From a diagram, after first song reach the final note, it start fading one and the second song start fading in.

As you see in the third, the third one doesn't have same BPM as the second, but it will start fading in when the second reach the final note.

About the score? It hard to think about it. Just for fun :P

Who know? May someone can break trough 10,000 combos :lol:

Duplicate: viewtopic.php?p=20892#p20892
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi

strager wrote:

Somewhat suggested already: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1088

And it's been mentioned in threads several times.

Anyway, I would like this.
what he said +support
Sleep Powder
oh oh~
Beatmap Mixing Option...that doesn't count for ranked score.
That would be awesome~

+ super colorful support
anonymous_old
It'd be cool if each map played could be ranked.
niedz
support
Doomsday
that'd be pretty awesome. +1 support
Nachy
Mmmmmmmmm sounds awesome.

Support.
Kitsunemimi
Marathon mode with Marathon maps?!
Sleep Powder

Harris73 wrote:

Marathon mode with Marathon maps?!
...that's a marathon in a marathon o.O
Zekira
That's a Manython...
FurukawaPan
I always thought it would be cool if after finishing a map, it could either randomly start another map immediately, or follow a sequence the user selected. Would be great for parties 8-)

+1
Sir Minelli
I don't think this will work... Sounds more like a "solo play" idea, which i dislike.

First of all the fact of finishing a beatmap and going once again to the Beatmap selection screen will let you gather up stamina for your next attempt. Of course, this is all for fun... BUT..

The fact of having a random beatmap appear right after you finish one may not even work for multiplayer (even if the beatmaps are chosen manually,you will have to check if everyone else has all of them, and will be annoying as hell.) because you never know if the other players will have the beatmaps that appear randomly.

We already have approved marathons which are really cool and in which the music style changes while playing them.
Derekku
For multiplayer, I assume it would only randomly choose maps that everyone has. I guess it'd have to have to loading time beforehand to get everything working :X
RogueHiyru
heh, you can almost call it DJ mode :D i support.
peppy
I already have a better idea than what has been mentioned here, but stop bumping this please. I will implement in my own time which will not be soon.