forum

Tainaka Sachi - Disillusion

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zyid
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, January 28, 2008 at 10:15:20 PM

Artist: Tainaka Sachi
Title: Disillusion
BPM: 168
Filesize: 5923kb
Play Time: 03:40
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.69 stars, 266 notes)
  2. Hard (3.73 stars, 350 notes)
Download: Tainaka Sachi - Disillusion
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
Testimonials:
"...Amazing. Really, a huge improvement from your last map...this song neeeeeds to be ranked."
- Rolled

"You did a splendid job..."
- Kharl

"I really enjoyed playing through hard."
- Peppy

"It's simply amazing, I'm a big fan of your beatmaps."
- Moogle
---------------
Watch a full playthrough of this beatmap here.

This is my third beatmap, and the last one I intend to do for a while. I wanted to do at least one beatmap that used soft notes, and I think it turned out to be the best I've ever done. It's set to "Disillusion", the first Fate/Stay Night opening, a truly beautiful song in my opinion.

My intention here was to create a "dreamlike" beatmap, if that makes any sense.

Please enjoy it!
Rolled
I don't have time to completely mod this atm, but I did a quick playthrough of hard and it is amazing. Really, a huge improvement from your last map. Just fix up the note at 3:17:06. You'll see what I'm talking about, it was just some kind of bug or something. But the patterns flow awesome, very creative ideas with the sliders. I will play normal tomorrow, and maybe this star can change to a bubble.

and btw, you really did achieve your dreamlike beatmap well.
Topic Starter
Zyid

Rolled wrote:

I don't have time to completely mod this atm, but I did a quick playthrough of hard and it is amazing. Really, a huge improvement from your last map. Just fix up the note at 3:17:06. You'll see what I'm talking about, it was just some kind of bug or something. But the patterns flow awesome, very creative ideas with the sliders. I will play normal tomorrow, and maybe this star can change to a bubble.

and btw, you really did achieve your dreamlike beatmap well.
Thanks, that means a lot. I really tried to do this one perfectly because I love the song so much, and I'm very proud of the result. I also caught that little glitch at 3:17:06 when I played through it - it should be fixed now. Glad you liked it!
Phrygian
I played through hard...

It's simply amazing, I'm a big fan of your beatmaps. You have a great feel for where to place beats on both the screen and in the music. =D

I love the instrumentation in this song... and the placement really suits it, especially on those descending groups of eighth notes, like at 46 seconds - the location of the beats feels so nice... The circular and 8 sliders are really nice too. I can't really find anything to complain about... but I'm not really picky by nature. xD
Kharl
You did a splendid job on hard. The only thing I can suggest is that you should flip the slider at 2:11:70 horizontally. The slider's end is too faraway from the next beat and is not consistent with the overall beat-spacing.
As for your normal map... The note combinations in general are still too similar to your hard map. Changing note placement and sliders' shape, and eliminating combos of five or more consecutive half-beats should help.
Topic Starter
Zyid

Kharl wrote:

You did a splendid job on hard. The only thing I can suggest is that you should flip the slider at 2:11:70 horizontally. The slider's end is too faraway from the next beat and is not consistent with the overall beat-spacing.
As for your normal map... The note combinations in general are still too similar to your hard map. Changing note placement and sliders' shape, and eliminating combos of five or more consecutive half-beats should help.
Thanks for the feedback. 2:11:70 has been fixed, and Normal Mode has been reworked substantially to differentiate it from Hard. There are still some similar spots, but I kept those intentionally because I think they fit.
peppy
I found the long breaks pretty long in normal! These are the ones that don't exist in hard. In my opinion you should make them half the length of what they are, and fill in the second half with some map. It would feel a lot more ouendan'ish that way too, imo :).

Also thought normal was a bit hard due to the slider speed and streams.. could possibly do with a bit more toning down.

I really enjoyed playing through hard, and the only minor critique i have is that the sliders with overlapping start/end are a bit confusing as you don't knwo which direction you should take them.
Topic Starter
Zyid

peppy wrote:

I found the long breaks pretty long in normal! These are the ones that don't exist in hard. In my opinion you should make them half the length of what they are, and fill in the second half with some map. It would feel a lot more ouendan'ish that way too, imo :).

Also thought normal was a bit hard due to the slider speed and streams.. could possibly do with a bit more toning down.

I really enjoyed playing through hard, and the only minor critique i have is that the sliders with overlapping start/end are a bit confusing as you don't knwo which direction you should take them.
You were completely right about the Normal Mode breaks. I decided to actually eliminate the extra breaks altogether because it just flows so much better that way. I saw what you were talking about with the sliders, so I've changed the problem ones slightly so that it's possible to tell which way they're going. It might still require concentration, but it's definitely possible now.

Anyway, the new update is up at last. I'm quite confident that it's ready for ranking now, and I actually like some of the sliders in Normal better than those in Hard. This is the first beatmap I've made that I really love playing through over and over again.
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Zyid

Rolled wrote:

Normal mode, 36:88. The combo of 5, space that four a bit farther from the three. Please do that asap, this song neeeeeds to be ranked.
Man that was so small, like less than a millimeter off, made me do a double take. :P Well anyway, it's fixed now.
Rolled
bubbledddd
Saturos
Ranked. <3