forum

[possible bug] HP problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kylecito
sliders drain way too much hp, and the animation is wrong
instead of a steady-slow drain, it should be a harsh-fast one.

anothing thing is, HP refill is way too high, and same problems with animation as drain.
peppy
Animation can be sped up a bit - don't mind that one.

Take a look at slider drain in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-FDRRZn ... ed&search=
You'll find that the drain for missing one section of the slider is equal to missing one hit circle (as far as I can tell)

Or do you mean the constant drain while you are sliding and not missing? If so, its not that they drain too much, but are not giving enough score.

As I am not going for a 100.000% exactly clone, but just a game which feels close to the original, I am happy with the current HP drain setting. If more people show interest in changing these, I will look into it further.

Does anyone have further feedback on this?
Topic Starter
Kylecito
i'm checking ouendan and, all lifebar damage/refill animations are instant. also, while in sliders, damage is only dealt when missing the ends, or little white circles inbetween (which do VERY low damage compared to missing the ends). the emu currently seems to damage you as long as you're not pressing on the ball.

another thing animation-wise, the "beating" of the "ki" symbol when regaining hp should happen just once per refill... currently its beating twice.
peppy
Damage is dealt the same way as in ouendan (endpoints and ticks). The amount dealt may be slightly off for the inner-ticks - it is currently the same as outer ones.