forum

[Archived] Mouse laggy when I hit X

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ochappy
I don't know if anyone else has this problem but whenever I try to hit an Osu! peg using X or Z it becomes very laggy and I lose the song. This doesn't happen when I click, but as you should know it is very hard to play hard songs with clicking.

I have tried the following things:
-turning down all my video options
-switching to the other option besides DirectX (I think its called Open GL or something)
-closing all my other programs
-deleting Osu!.<my name>.cofig
-changing the skin
-reinstalling Osu!

Does anyone know what this is? Is it even a bug? Or is my Osu! broken?
Topic Starter
Ochappy
I am also, going to try to reinstall, will post results afterwards.

EDIT:

Reinstall did NOTwork
peppy
Does the same thing happen when you type in chat in-game?
Topic Starter
Ochappy

peppy wrote:

Does the same thing happen when you type in chat in-game?
No, only when I hit X or Z to hit a note is when it lags.
anonymous_old
Does it lag for sliders and spinners (and maybe empty areas of the screen), or just hit circles?
peppy
ochappy: Just to make sure, can you go into options and check the version of osu! you are running? (displays at top-right corner)
flamea_old
this also happening to me (osu! b833a)
whenever i press z,x,c, or v (clicking is fine)
this never happen on menu, rarely on waiting stage of song, and often when i hit the circle. :roll:
CoCoMW
i had the same issue :P your PC isn't enough powerful ;P

i did everything what you have said, and it helped ;P
fruitpunch36
yes i also have this problem my mouse completely stops moving after about the second note on songs and makes me fail
Exilon
That happens with me as well, and it's very weird, 'cause it used to run just fine before, and it only happens with Osu.

There was a time many motnhs ago when it would also lag, but then it just became fine, for some reason. Now it's back and it's really bad because everytime I hit a note using the keyboard the mouse lags. It happens mostly when I hold the key for a long time (like spinners and sliders) and the mouse only lags when I hit the note.
IT's fine when I hit the note with a mouse click, though.
peppy
I wonder if it is something to do with your IME/regional input system?
bagnz0r

peppy wrote:

I wonder if it is something to do with your IME/regional input system?
Works for me, it's obvious what kind of IME I'm using.
Akida
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy

Akida wrote:

I have this same problem, when I alternate z/x, the cursor lags for a second or two after hitting the beat. When I click, it does not lag. On the sliders, the same lag occurs when you finish it, but not during the actual slider.. O.O

I'm running osu! b904 if it helps.
When does it happen? When you hit a beat successfully? In the menus too? In game when you aren't hitting beats?
Akida

peppy wrote:

Akida wrote:

I have this same problem, when I alternate z/x, the cursor lags for a second or two after hitting the beat. When I click, it does not lag. On the sliders, the same lag occurs when you finish it, but not during the actual slider.. O.O

I'm running osu! b904 if it helps.
When does it happen? When you hit a beat successfully? In the menus too? In game when you aren't hitting beats?
Sorry for taking so long to reply, school >_>;
It's ONLY when I hit the beat successfully, the menus are fine. The whole game doesn't slow, the hit circles coming in around the beats are a normal smooth framerate, it is only the mouse cursor that lags.
Akida
Bump:

Limiting framerate has worked for me to fix this issue, if someone else who's having it could try that to confirm it, please do!
Xesta
I got a similar problem...

I play Ctb very much..

I play this game with like 500fps everything is fine no problems...

But at some songs i just get 0 fps for no reason !

I played Kischer Marsch as example and after i reach combo 408 i get 0 fps everytime !

Any1 know how to solve that problem?

I set fps to 60 too but it didnt help me

Greetings
anonymous_old

Xesta wrote:

I played Kischer Marsch as example and after i reach combo 408 i get 0 fps everytime !
Is this reproducible using Auto? If so, I'll try it soon.
Ekaru
Was looking for this topic! Anyways, here's my detailed story on it:

K, so I didn't have this glitch for a while... then window got reinstalled. Either that or it was after a recent patch, one of those things. I just remember not having it when this bug report was originally made. So it's between the patch where the Taiko BGs moved and this bug report, that's all I remember. Or maybe it happened after that patch. Screw it, my memory sucks. ><;

Anyways, the glitch is that if I press the input keys (10x more likely if it's alternated in quick succession, but can also happen with just 1 key), all inputs freeze/lag for a brief moment, enough to screw me over. That means my mouse cursor freezes/lags, and my keyboard also does it, at the same time. Basically, osu! doesn't accept any inputs for a bit.

This happens on both Taiko and standard. Haven't really had anything on CTB, even when I tried mashing the arrow keys. Then again, that could just be me. Basically...

-In Taiko, it can happen at any time.
-In standard, it mainly only happens when there are actually hit objects. Tried before hit objects appeared; nothing happened.
-It can happen with one key, but is much more likely to happen when two keys are alternated quickly.
-As stated earlier, is solved with Frame Limiter on; no issues at all.
-Both mouse and keyboard don't work for a bit - that's the issue. Requires a keyboard press, and doesn't happen after every press, just some.

Specs:

9550 Radeon
1.8 GHZ ATI processor that is recorded at 3.2 GHz (I have no idea how that works)
2 DDR RAM
60 GB HD, Currently 14.1 GB available, happened when there was 19, too.
Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard 1.1
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000

Anything needed, ask.

So uh... any help?
Xesta
@Strager:

I just get lagg at any Song while playing Ctb..

But everytime i reach for example combo 300 i get freezed for a second ...

And i think my computer isnt the problem to play this game without lagg...

It must be some kind of bug..

maybe i patched wrong?

Greets

Edit:I just read another Thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17105 ... Im going to try it out

If my problem is fixxed im going to write it down here..

2Edit: Nope it didnt worked for me to set the antivir off ... i still get the freeze sometime ingame...
show more