forum

ArmCannon - Woctor Dialy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, August 27, 2009 at 11:07:07 PM

Artist: ArmCannon
Title: Woctor Dialy
Tags: video game metal
BPM: 168
Filesize: 7181kb
Play Time: 03:39
Difficulties Available:
  1. Difficult (4.89 stars, 410 notes)
  2. Normal (4.35 stars, 271 notes)
Download: ArmCannon - Woctor Dialy
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Rghuaaaaaaaagh I'll GET you, Mega Man! Raaaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
foulcoon
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
RemmyX25
Double Star

SB is awpsome.

Normal:
Lacking Slider ticks, which would sound really cool.
Up until 00:50:420, the map feels a little generic, where I'm hearing the separation of hitsounds and music. That's not a good thing.
One of the offsets also feels a tad late.

Hard:
Looking better.
Topic Starter
awp
I tried double ticks and while the longer sliders sound pretty rad with them, the shorter sliders just sound bad imo ;(
Regarding the second point, I dunno what to tell ya. I'm rather content with the way it came out, even if the difficulty curve on Normal does start off low and ramps up over time (which I think is neat anyway).

Which offset is late =| there's a lot to choose from.
Zerostarry
Did I forget to star this

oh yes I did
Topic Starter
awp
Replaced the demo mp3 with the mastered CD rip, re-timed and re-mapped THE WHOLE DAMN THING I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY CHEESEWARLOCK
CheeseWarlock
YOU BROUGHT THIS UPON YOURSELF

The first offset is pretty terrible. Even though there's no mapping there, it could stand to be fixed for the sake of the osu! logo.
01:15:68 - Timing is off right around here; that's why you ended up putting the spinner end on an 1/8.
02:47:12 - Same as above, this offset seems too early? But then it ends up being right. Tough call.
03:06:50 - This part is just plain late.
Topic Starter
awp

CheeseWarlock wrote:

The first offset is pretty terrible. Even though there's no mapping there, it could stand to be fixed for the sake of the osu! logo. Yeah, yeah, I fixed it. Grumble.
01:15:68 - Timing is off right around here; that's why you ended up putting the spinner end on an 1/8. It's an odd hiccup in the performance I think. I could fix it by adding a timing point of about a second but it's not really worth it.
02:47:12 - Same as above, this offset seems too early? But then it ends up being right. Tough call. The offset was wrong. I forget in which direction (I think early?) and so BPM was a tiny bit off too. Fixed~
03:06:50 - This part is just plain late. not anymore <3
CheeseWarlock
The first offset is on the offbeat. Fix and I'll bubble.
Topic Starter
awp
Dropped the intro timing a beat. That really didn't seem necessary though =|
Dropped the intro a half beat instead. This is screwy; the first intro now pretty much falls on half beats (the way it was before, the notes landed on white ticks which imo is more correct if the song wasn't so fuckin' weird) but hey it's consistent with the timing section ahead
CheeseWarlock
Nah bro, the melody's mostly on the offbeat but that's just how the song works. Compare to the second timing section.

Speaking of which, the second timing section seems late from 00:15:32 (2) - to 00:22:02 (3).

I'M SORRY FOR NOT BUBBLING THIS LIKE I SAID I WOULD

I'LL BUY YOU SOME CUPCAKES

;______;
Topic Starter
awp
AND YOU WILL NOT PAY FOR THOSE CUPCAKES EITHER YOU WILL JUST PICK THEM UP AND WALK RIGHT BY THE CASHIER AND NOBODY WILL SAY ANYTHING

Drumming is very inconsistent in some parts of this song. You can see the hack I threw together in the section mentioned, but it's quite negligible (it is off by at most 8ms I think, and that's for one note; the guitar seems to stay in beat).
CheeseWarlock
AND YOU'LL BE LIKE "WHY DO YOU HAVE CUPCAKES" AND I'LL BE LIKE "I DON'T KNOW"
foulcoon
This are ranked map.
LuigiHann
Nice bits of SB

Would have been really nice if you had SB'd something to look at during those eternal breaks, though