forum

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, March 08, 2008 at 11:14:24 PM

Artist: Creedence Clearwater Revival
Title: Fortunate Son
BPM: 129.5
Filesize: 2151kb
Play Time: 02:00
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (3.04 stars, 167 notes)
Download: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Fortunate Son
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
OK, hopefully this is much improved since when I submitted it to WiP. Beat patterns now more closely follow the beats rather than the tricky vocals, although timing might still need some work. Thanks in advance for comments :D

EDIT: Fixed some spacing that was bugging me, bumping
awp
Your timing sounds pretty good to me. You used some weird timing sections which leads me to suspect that you're complicating an easy situation, but I don't know about that. The only thing I did to the timing was shorten the last one to the nearest whole number (dropped it by .06) because it sounded slightly off by the end.

The thing that I'm iffy about is the note placement. It's timed almost religiously to the vocals, but the vocals don't have a clear cut pattern to them, so you either know the song and ace it, or you don't know the song and just scramble. I think being able to follow the beat will be more rewarding than tapping to the vocals, honestly.
Topic Starter
Enok Walker
Yeah, I'll agree to that.
I changed the combos so that they more closely follow the beat, and changed the final BPM as suggested.

Comments? :D
awp
Your timings are basically perfect at this point, but the beatspacing is misleading and inconsistent at times. Example:

Slider at 1:53:09. It ends at 1:54:22, and the next half beat is JUST touching the edge of the slider. That's fine. But the next note is the same distance away but twice the time away.

Also, at 29:22, you gotta jump the entire screen in just one beat. It's certainly doable, but unexpected, and a little cruel.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.