forum

[Archived] Save -> Escape

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
You'll get a red error message saying unable to save.

Not sure on the specifics, but there is a required wait time of about 3-5 seconds before you can press escape after saving to not get that error.

Happens all the time, on every map. For me anyway.
Derekku
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Can't replicate. Might be already fixed in test build?
Zekira
Try it faster, since this happens to me to. Click the save on the file dropdown then try to hit escape immediately, this should happen.
peppy
You are not a tester.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Just tried it. Not happening anymore. Oddly, I don't recall Osu updating since I last had this problem.
Derekku
I'll try testing it and seeing if I can easily replicate it in a few minutes.

EDIT: Okay, one way for the message to come up is to spam ctrl-s. The other way is to basically do anything to a map that changes it, save, and then exit really fast. Moving a hit circle/slider, changing a section's volume level, etc. will do it. This is on OpenGL, but I'll test on DirectX too.

EDIT 2: Confirmed on DirectX too.
peppy
You are not testers. Are you not reading my posts?
Derekku
Well if there's no testers in this topic, then perhaps you could ask in #osu or in the Test Build thread? :p

It's kind of hard for normal users to report bugs when we don't know if they're in the test builds =)
peppy
You have reported the bug. I am happy for that. I said it is not replicable in test build and likely fixed.
mm201
Confirmed from a couple test builds ago. Tends to happen when you click Save and Test in rapid succession.

It usually saves the second time you try though.
Derekku
This bug wasn't marked "Resolved", so I thought I'd give more input. :p
Topic Starter
EiJi
On latest test build, B587Unstable, CTRL+S x2. Roughly three out of ten sets will produce the reported error.

Replace the second CTRL+S with escape, F5 or CTRL+O and this error will be produced with the above odds.

CTRL+S repeatedly at roughly twice per second does not seem to produce the error.

Speed it up a bit, four times a second, and you begin to get the errors. But no one should be saving this fast, anyway...

It's just bad luck. And if you get it, after you save and quickly go to F5, Escape or CTRL+O, you'll get the error.

Granted I made no changes when I did this, but I tried for a very long time to do CTRL+S -> CTRL+O without any error. Perhaps a different story if something new is changed.

Actually... I just reproduced it. What I did was added a single beat, saved and about half a second later, your preferred action. (Escape, CTRL+S, CTRL+O, F5.) Then removed the beat, save, action. Out of ten tries using the above method, sets 2, 3, 5, and 10 produced the error.