forum

Dethklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
awp
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on February 8, 2008 at 8:32:27 PM

Artist: Dethklok
Title: Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
BPM: 120.25
Filesize: 11909kb
Play Time: 01:41
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.4 stars, 71 notes)
  2. Hard (4.59 stars, 123 notes)
Download: Dethklok - Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
We're here to make coffee metal.

We will make everything metal.

Blacker than the blackest black...times infinity.

Do you folks like coffee?
Real coffee?
From the Hills
Of Colombia

The Duncan Hills will wake you
From a thousand deaths
A cup of blackened blood
(Dying, dying)
You're dying for a cup

Guatemala blend
Ethiopian
French vanilla roast
(Dying, dying)
You're dying for a cup!

Prepare for ultimate flavor
You're gonna get some now!
And scream... for your cream

Duncan Hills, Duncan Hills, Duncan Hills, Coffee!

=====

I had to do this - it was so friggin fun. The beatmap is short'n'sweet, but what I really wanted to introduce with this was storyboarding. We were talking about storyboarding last night so I thought (with some motivation from Hito two nights ago) what the hell, I'll make a beatmap - with a storyline. A storyline about coffee. How's that?

Revision2: Not that anyone would have noticed, but the mp3 integration into the video is a tiny bit screwy so I had to offset the first note ahead by ~0.15 seconds. It's pretty hard to notice, but whatever. Also, Easy mode.

This time, I think I actually made an easy mode that encorporates the idea of it being easy. ~Proud~
Rolled
You are going to scare all the osu kiddies away with your death metal :(

I see nothing wrong with this btw. And I did notice that offset btw, was planning on saying something until I read your OP. Everything does flow nice though.

And I like the solo at the end. More maps like that pls.

Bubbled
XahXhaX
That's awesome. The video complimenting it is perfect. Great job on the easy mode icons layout. I'm still undecided about hard mode, it's certainly...hard.
XahXhaX
Topic Starter
awp
Hmm, I was able to All300 easy without too much effort, but I haven't tried to S-rank Hard yet (I don't think I have tried; I certainly don't have an S in it...right?) and it's probably kinda tough to do so congrats !!! Go for 2 million, and that's really something...I think.

Hard mode wasn't too hard was it? I think I have a tendency to obscure difficulties.

I'm just so awesome (and it's actually a bad thing).
chan
Totally a fitting song to play when just waking up from 4.5 hours of sleep (I blame beatmap modding!). Nothing wrong with this one, hard isn't actually that hard because the beats are sensibly placed, although I don't really have the accuracy to move around that quickly and actually place my cursor on the note. Both versions are good, short and sweet, and the video is pretty cool too.

This one goes to the pool-room/ranked pages.
SykoticSword
Totally awesome. It's hard but it's the kind of hard that's fun. Not the kind that makes you want to destroy your computer.
FurukawaPan
I love coffee! :)