forum

[Archived] Osu - Taiko Mod - Oni modifier

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Marseille
Hello,

I am not sure this has been brought or is considered a problem. I'm using the Taiko mod with Osu and I find when I switch on the "Oni" modifier you get the score increase but nothing seems to get harder. In this fashion, I think it's unfair if you can get this higher score by not doing anything special.

Thank you for reading
Derekku
For taiko, I think the Hard Rock mod makes the timing stricter, meaning you need to have better accuracy in order to hit the notes.

I'm not positive though, as I don't play taiko that often :x
Ekaru
Hard Rock does the same as it does on osu! mode, minus position changes due to how osu! works. So...

-Smaller circles (compare for yourself. I personally think this makes it easier, but eh)
-Much stricter timing windows.
-Higher pass requirement.

No bug, I just checked.
anonymous_old
Shouldn't the notes approach faster?

DISCLAIMER: Not a Taiko junkie.
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

Shouldn't the notes approach faster?

DISCLAIMER: Not a Taiko junkie.
I don't play Taiko either, but the approach speed isn't like CtB, which is based on the overall difficulty. It believe it's fully based on the BPM of the music, which means faster songs are automatically harder.

Also, the Hard Rock mod for Taiko is definitely not bugged.
Sleep Powder
Hard Rock for taiko really makes no difference.
I've played taiko on easy and only the circles and timing were easier.
Maybe taiko on hard rock should double the BPM.
Easy should half it or something?
That way the speed of incoming notes is faster for "oni".
That way easy and hard rock will act more like an actual modifier.
They really don't modify as much as it should.
anonymous_old
I agree with animask except for reducing the speed on Easy. I find it hard to read very slow notes in DDR so I don't think it'd work well in Taiko.
Sleep Powder
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
True.

If the approach speed wasn't affected I would actually use Easy from time to time.
peppy
Thanks for pointing this out. This definitely needs to be considered before ranked taiko reset.
Zekira
HEY NO WAIT~! HARD ROCK REDUCES MY SCORE BY A LOT >_>

E.G. I usually get 10-15 100s on Saitama2000[Taiko], but with Hard Rock on I never get somewhere below 40 100s!

Actually, most of the time Hard Rock actually eats up your score in such a way that unless you've mastered timing on that map, you'll never get a higher score with HR on Taiko. This is enough to make me NOT use it.

I like the HR mod on Taiko as it is already. It's just increasing the OverallDiff+HP Drain, right? Well increasing the OverallDiff on Taiko by +2 = asdfghjkl; timing.
Ekaru
What Zekira said.

The Hard Rock modifier on Taiko makes the timing window much stricter. It's noticeable, to me at least. I do much worse on Easy maps with Hard Rock on than without any mods. Score's lower, accuracy bombs, etc. Even worse on harder maps.

While Easy makes maps much easier. It's like playing DDR X at home and then playing it at the arcade. You'll do much worse at the arcade, simply because the timing windows are stricter. The reverse is also true. If you're an arcade player and you play home DDR, you'll own hard.

I already do worse with the Hard Rock mod and much better with the Easy mod, just because of the timing windows. They make a huge difference. Play an easy song in Taiko with Hard Rock, and then Easy mod. You should notice it rather easily.
Topic Starter
Marseille
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zekira

Ekaru wrote:

What Zekira said.

The Hard Rock modifier on Taiko makes the timing window much stricter. It's noticeable, to me at least. I do much worse on Easy maps with Hard Rock on than without any mods. Score's lower, accuracy bombs, etc. Even worse on harder maps.

While Easy makes maps much easier. It's like playing DDR X at home and then playing it at the arcade. You'll do much worse at the arcade, simply because the timing windows are stricter. The reverse is also true. If you're an arcade player and you play home DDR, you'll own hard.

I already do worse with the Hard Rock mod and much better with the Easy mod, just because of the timing windows. They make a huge difference. Play an easy song in Taiko with Hard Rock, and then Easy mod. You should notice it rather easily.
Experimented with this thing and got quite a lot of SSes with Easy mod, while a lot of As on Hard Rock mod.
Yoshi348

Harris73 wrote:

I don't play Taiko either, but the approach speed isn't like CtB, which is based on the overall difficulty. It believe it's fully based on the BPM of the music, which means faster songs are automatically harder.
I just found out that's not true. I was testing both difficulties of my map in progress in Taiko mode, and the Easy difficulty definitely had a slower approach speed than Normal. Both have the same BPM.
Zekira
Nope, approach speed is the same. It just so happens that it looks slower because the circles on Easy mod are actually larger (ironically, circle size affects the visual appearance of Taiko notes)