forum

Strong Bad - TROGDOR

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dual Chikara
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 at 5:35:20 PM

Artist: Strong Bad
Title: TROGDOR
Source: Homestar Runner
Tags: Trogdor, Strong, Bad, rock
BPM: 127
Filesize: 1865kb
Play Time: 01:34
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.66 stars, 90 notes)
  2. Normal (2.22 stars, 96 notes)
Download: Strong Bad - TROGDOR
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This marks my first beatmap attempt. I've had some trouble finding the BPM, but I think I've managed to get it fairly close. I'm also struggling with the dificulty here; Two stars for normal mode, really?

On that note, I'm planning on getting rid of that first break for normal mode, but I'm not sure if it would be okay for me to time my beats to the music instead of SB's voice for that one section, as he isn't really SAYING much there. Anyway, tips and advice please?
Gens
Hello, nice to have another person interested in mapping.

Have you read the beatmapping FAQ? That should help you in making your first map. :)
Sadly, it seems that you have picked a bad song for your first beatmap, due to timing... You can try posting here and wait for some help here, since this song uses multiple timing sections. I'd time this song for you, but it's too complicated for me.

I invite you to play around more with the editor; There are many features lying around, and they might be helpful for you. For example, you could have used Normal sampleset instead, but it seems nothing is selected at the moment (Song Setup -> Audio).

And, last, I recommend you to play more ranked maps. This'll help you improve your rhythm sense, your pattern creativity, your experience in osu!, and... stuff. You should analyze them too, so you can see what is needed to do in order to get your beatmap ranked.

Oh, I almost forgot, please remember to give kudosu for those people who have helped you in making your beatmap better.
Good luck~!
Topic Starter
Dual Chikara
I've checked out the FAQ and some tutorials already, which is how I'm able to make anything at all :P . The problem is that I'm apparently beat deaf, a problem I'll have to over come if I want to make anything useful. As for the song timing, You're right on the multiple timing sections, oh joy.

I'm going to just keep grinding at this song, as the other ones I'm working on are far more difficult anyway (Black Paper Moon, I Love My Computer, Unlimited Sky, and Break Your Destiny amongst others). Please, continue posting advice and constructive criticism.