forum

Louis Cole - Blimp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wispy
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 18:23:20

Artist: Louis Cole
Title: Blimp
Tags: yeastiest raburauza english pop drums electronic electro-funk jazz-funk avant-pop electro funk jazz knower
BPM: 152
Filesize: 17534kb
Play Time: 01:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (3.34 stars, 291 notes)
  2. Normal (2.22 stars, 189 notes)
  3. Rabu's Another (5.11 stars, 458 notes)
  4. Shrimp (5.81 stars, 445 notes)
  5. yeastiest's Insane (4.44 stars, 381 notes)
Download: Louis Cole - Blimp
Download: Louis Cole - Blimp (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
#1!!!
->
MALISZEWSKI THE FUCKING GOAT (rate here on omdb)
THANKS FOR 100K PC DECEMBER 8 2023 ALMOST A FULL FUCKING YEAR AFTER I RANKED THIS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST MWAH

THANKS FOR THE 2AM SCHIZOPOST -> tights <-

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE KSJF KLSJGKLAGJHKLSJGKOWJLJGIO
play with video for a free blimp

want more louis cole? check out:
I'm Tight by Woey
Freaky Times by wyit

info
map for yourself
bg from mv thumb
BIG SHOUTOUT TO tilda FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT DIFFERENT OUTPUTS FOR THE VIDEO
please support LC if you can!!

normal by Me
hard by Me
insane by yeastiest
another by Raburauza
ex (shrimp) by Me
hs by Me

look at this cool pass by boolin (first DT A rank will be posted here too why not :3)

goodyear blimp combo colors my best idea evre
long diatribe i have wanted to write for a while now
prepare to read a very unorganized junk drawer of thoughts (these are mostly for me to document my general experiences and how im feeling)
sorry if some of it is unintelligible lol

mapping. at the beginning of it all, all i really did was make maps that didnt even last like half a minute, i made one that went over a minute once though, it was on this random android52 song called the shrimp groove (yeah funny how that works). never finished it, never really did anything else in the editor after that though. i did learn how to use certain parts of the editor, and i finally applied myself last year in March and spent three whole days in the editor trying to finish what became nmk - sola. ever since then i just mapped and on and off and after seeing so many of my friends rank a map themselves and become established in their own right, i started tryharding in september, cobbling together a spread here and there and just figuring out things like so many people have done. funny how three weeks ago i came across this song after going down the louis cole discography rabbit hole and i couldn't help but notice how catchy it was, so i tried making the whole thing within a day just to take advantage of my creative juices out and after yeastiest made the insane diff for me completely on his own, i knew i had to try and get a whole set together. i asked rabu to make a lower ex and made the normal and hard (off my own intuition yet again like i had always done), and just like that with about a year and a half of somewhat limited experience im now about to have my first ever ranked mapset. also part of the reason i wanted to get a ranked map was just so i could see my own friends ive made throughout my time on osu be able to play something i made, thats also why i kept going, seeing people playtest things was REALLY addictive, and it got me an ego so big i have to try and remember to be humble LOL if it wasnt for a lot of people i would have never tried. its nothing you havent heard already but yeah thank you to so many people for making the dream come true, lets see if i can remember some names so i can put them down here...

Drimm
dude. this guy was a true visionary in his own right, and he was super chill and inspiring, and even if he doesn't play osu! that much anymore and makes charts for other games now like SEQUENCE STORM, i still appreciate that he is trying to find ways he can be creative and enjoy himself. if it wasn't for him i probably would have less of an interest of wanting to throw my hat in the ring and begin mapping.

Basherman
i'm glad we met, the three map collabs we did were super fun, even if we weren't being that serious and our collabs weren't the most cohesive, thanks for taking time out of your day to help me out with certain things and inspire me in your own ways. i hope we can rank something together some day man

JeZag
thanks for being real with it man, i appreciate all the reasonable, constructive, good feedback you give me, getting me to stretch my brain out and push the boundaries of how i can apply certain ideas and fundamentals, like progression, deliberate-ness, emphasis, movement, all that stuff.

Woey
this guy is pretty much the reason why blimp exists, after i got into louis's solo stuff in early october because of his map of i'm tight, right before quality over opinion dropped on october 14 and became my all time new musical obsession. woey's style is honestly pretty cool even though i am fairly biased still when it comes to certain maps in general, but the main draw was that he taught me that you can become good at anything you put your mind to, so i tried with mapping and got a lot out of it!

yeastiest and Raburauza
thank you guys so much for coming along on the blimp ride with me and making guest diffs, especially you yeast. that was the first time ever someone really gded for me and the gesture was more than welcome, made me realize that i'm appreciated and what i'm doing really matters, even if my brain wants to go back on that for some reason. love you both very much

Fsjallink, big snag, kodama, fooders, ThunderBird2678, - Heatwave -, squirrelpascals, Garden, AJT, LMT, moph, Hobbes2, verychill, Nowaie, wyit, Lince Cosmico, Niva, Sharkie, olc, Hectique, Hishiro Chizuru, taku, Akiyama Mizuki
if i mentioned you here at the bottom its because i talked to you, i come to you for all the playtests/feedback, i thought your maps were really cool, and you've all inspired me to start doing things one way or another, in the sense that you started from the ground up and carved out a niche for yourself, or made something that made me really wanna try mappin myself to see what would come out. a lot of you believed in me when i had nothing ranked (and even though the status of the map shouldnt matter that much, it is only a mere step in someone's mapping career), i still felt like i had to prove myself in that regard. now that i have, i can be at ease with myself (who am i kidding im gonna want more now at this point LOL) thank all of you for just bearing with me or being influential in some ways to my mapping and general experience with osu!
if i forgot you im sry i love you too!!
it's only the beginning for me if i'm gonna be honest, i'll keep vibing and hope to keep up with others, but most importantly, myself.

i love all you guys enjoy the map!
advice, from a person with limited experience
learn to love learning

have no shortage of things to be inspired by, be on the lookout, there's always something for you

you are under no obligation to "perform well" its all in your head just keep practicing

find out "why" more than "how"

don't be afraid to trust your own intuition sometimes :3 (but please have an idea and don't be cocky/arrogant like me LOL it's a true balance...)

have a blast