forum

Crash: searching in edit mode song select screen [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
An error has occurred. Please report this in the forums along with any more information you can provide!

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at osu.Game_Modes.SongSelectionMenu.GameBase_OnKeyRepeat(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.RepeatKeyEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at osu.Program.Main()
This happened 5 times, all I can tell is that it a happens when I try to search in edit mode.
peppy
What do you mean by "try to search"?
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
If I type in anything on the song selection screen, it just crashes immediately.
I tried it with a couple of letters to make sure it wasn't just one.
awp
Are you talking about when you're at the song selection list?

lol I thought you meant when editing a song.
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
This error might be related.
I just clicked on edit mode and this happened.

If it makes any difference,this was the song playing at the time I clicked it: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1612

An error has occurred. Please report this in the forums along with any more information you can provide!

System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: text
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 textblockPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.DrawString(SpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Single scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at osu.Graphics.SpriteManager.Draw()
at osu.Game_Modes.SongSelectionMenu.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at osu.GameBase.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at
peppy

awp wrote:

Are you talking about when you're at the song selection list?

lol I thought you meant when editing a song.
So did I :P.
I'll see what I can figure about this one... Search works fine in play-selection?
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
Yeah, it works like normal in play, just in edit, it doesn't take any time to put up the edit error, I press a key, and the error is basically already there.

Edit:
Okay, this is getting annoying, now whenever I scroll to the bottom of the listing in edit mode selection, I get this error.

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteFont.InternalDraw(String text, SpriteBatch spriteBatch, Vector2 textblockPosition, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Vector2& scale, SpriteEffects spriteEffects, Single depth)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.DrawString(SpriteFont spriteFont, String text, Vector2 position, Color color, Single rotation, Vector2 origin, Single scale, SpriteEffects effects, Single layerDepth)
at osu.Graphics.SpriteManager.Draw()
at osu.Game_Modes.SongSelectionMenu.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at osu.GameBase.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at osu.Program.Main()

This is really pissing me off.
awp

Cecilthemos wrote:

A clue?

At any rate - curse you, NULL! The right hand man of my arch nemesis, the Segmentation Fault Core Dump.
peppy
I'm guessing you have a song which has all special characters which are being removed by osu! because its not in the game's font. Its most likely an mp3 you placed in there which you may have not mapped yet (the filename being the culprit here).
Topic Starter
Cecilthemos
I thought of that yesterday and deleted all projects.
It still does it though.
Edit:
Nevermind, the "broken" Osu song (Evangelion Theme one) broke my osu, it counted it as beatmap without the creator and totally f'd my Osu, no wonder I didn't get it when I deleted all my projects.
Rolled
Okay, I don't have the song Cecil is referring too but I am still getting the same (or similar) problem.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at osu.Game_Modes.SongSelectionMenu.GameBase_OnKeyRepeat(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.RepeatKeyEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, Keys k, Boolean first)
at osu.GameBase.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at osu.Program.Main()

That is the error when trying to search for something in edit mode. I'm trying to rid my osu of any songs with foreign characters, and I think I got all of them but still getting this error. Halp, I need my search :(