forum

System.FormatException Bug Report [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YGOkid8
Weeeeeeeeell...

I was editing the Phoenix Wright theme by Level-Up! in a different folder to make it seem less annoying to use the PW theme. Anyway, I tried to start up osu! but, didn't work. I wondered if it had anything to do with the skin I was editing so I deleted it. Tried to try osu! again and STILL didn't work.

Um, I've had a little search around and I didn't appear to find any bug like this, but...

anyway, this was the bug report I got:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at #Yc.#ze.#wB(String )
at #Yc.#ze.#tB(Boolean )
at #ee.#Re.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at #ee.#de.#5z()
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Additional Info:

System:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU
6300 @ 1.86GHz
1.88 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
Physical Address Extension

Not sure about how to replicate, as I don't know what's causing this :|
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
You have made a msitake in the skin.ini file. There is a number which isn't a number.
Topic Starter
YGOkid8

strager wrote:

Do you get the error when you start osu!, or when you load the map, or some other time?
Well, thanks to peppy's, uh, advice, my osu! working fine again :). But for future reference, it was when I started up osu!, and then it immediately went to the error thing...
mm201
An exception breaking out of the program is always a bug.

You should validate/sanitize your input.
Topic Starter
YGOkid8

MetalMario201 wrote:

What do you mean by that?
peppy

MetalMario201 wrote:

An exception breaking out of the program is always a bug.

One step ahead if you read the changelog.