forum

Modest Mouse - Dashboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mtmcl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Phrygian
Welcome to Osu!
I'm not a mod, but comments are better than no comments. =D

It looks really good, especially for your first beatmap. I think the BPM is right on as well. You have a good idea of where to place beats for the most part. While the rhythms are really simple and straightforward, you kept things interesting with creative beat placement... However, at 24:68, 44:47, 50:51 and 3:27:11, the beats are a little far, it's kinda hard for us mouse users.

This is a really long song by Osu! standards, so I think some breaks are necessary. I know it's hard to erase some of the mapping you've done, but it really has to be done. Those spots where it looked like you were filling space with spinners, like 2:38:00 would be ideal spots to place breaks. You decide though. =D

The beatspacing looks good, except at 2:49:16, the yellow 6 is kinda close to the others, and in the similar repeated pattern.

It's a good beatmap, and I wonder what you'd be capable of with a song that you're familiar with. =D
Lancer_old
Lots of fun. I'd say it surpasses "at least decent."

Getting right down to the constructive criticism though, the four yellow notes starting at 00:31:30 were placed too far apart compared to the notes right before them. Try making those four half overlapping each other like the ones before it. That was the first point I got confused at.

The two sections starting at 1:56:22 and 3:40:34 I thought were much harder than the rest of the song and even after a few plays I couldn't get the timing down well. You might want to try to make the section easier to understand by having fewer stacked groups of notes.
Cecilthemos
Offset should be 220, BPM sounds perfect
remember to resnap, the notes will be a bit more on-time.
I only glanced at this beatmap (sorry) but the one huge problem I see is that your beatspacing is extremely inconsistent.
Use alt-snapping.
If someone already said that, sorry, didn't look at other posts.
Echo
If that file size is because of a video, can I suggest you re-encode with a higher level of (or a better) compression?
Echo
Thanks for the new video, much smaller file size :P

Great beatmap! I found it very enjoyable. You get the bubble from me.
Cecilthemos
Okay, fun to play, everything's perfect, I approve *ranks*