forum

HELP!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dtnc21
Hey! I can't run this program. When ever I tried to run osu!, It said something. I can't solve it without you!

Oh, and BTW (By the way) I'm new here. :)
Lancer_old
What does it say?
Topic Starter
dtnc21

Lancer wrote:

What does it say?
It said, "This software requires administrative privileges to run."
TiZ
Are you on Vista or XP?
Topic Starter
dtnc21
Vista
awp
Problem:

dtnc21 wrote:

"This software requires administrative privileges to run."
Solution:
Run program with administrative privileges?

I know most of the time if you just right click you can select "Run as...Administrator". Might need a system password depending on your setup.
Topic Starter
dtnc21
That works. But It shows that I had no beat maps! I thought i had one music on the songs folder!
peppy
The easiest long-term solution to the administrator problem is to disable UAC. Search google if you wish to do this.

As for having no beatmaps - are you sure you put the .osz file in the songs directory? without extracting it first?
Topic Starter
dtnc21

peppy wrote:

The easiest long-term solution to the administrator problem is to disable UAC. Search google if you wish to do this.

As for having no beatmaps - are you sure you put the .osz file in the songs directory? without extracting it first?
Extract? I don't have an extraction file.
peppy
That's good then. It should work fine!

http://osu.ppy.sh/img/installation.png does this help?
TiZ

peppy wrote:

The easiest long-term solution to the administrator problem is to disable UAC.
Vista is bad, but it's unbearable if you don't do at least this much. I concur with Peppy here.
Topic Starter
dtnc21

peppy wrote:

That's good then. It should work fine!

http://osu.ppy.sh/img/installation.png does this help?
I just download it! I can't ReDownload Osu!

Edit: I have finally able to play "Osu!".
Topic Starter
dtnc21
Not again! Now how can I run osu!? Even the Updater isn't working!
awp
Well, based on the information you have provided...

??????????????????????????????

(footnote: provide some sort of error, details, system configuration changes, something! I mean, how do you expect us to magically know what went wrong on your end?)
Topic Starter
dtnc21

awp wrote:

(footnote: provide some sort of error, details, system configuration changes, something! I mean, how do you expect us to magically know what went wrong on your end?)
It's not the same problem before. It's like when I first used osu! (I'm using a diffrent computer), It's fine. But when I start it up again, It's not working!

So that leves me out of playing osu!. I have my desktop, but Direct3D isn't surported.
awp

dtnc21 wrote:

awp wrote:

It's not the same problem before. It's like when I first used osu! (I'm using a diffrent computer), It's fine. But when I start it up again, It's not working!
Uh...hmm?

dtnc21 wrote:

So that leves me out of playing osu!. I have my desktop, but Direct3D isn't surported.
...yup. Sure does.