forum

[Album] Wiklund - Wing Beats (2008) 5/8 Completed, 8/8 Claim

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Album Details:
Eight whimsical chiptunes to immerse you into a pixelated paradise. This CD features such Wiklund hits as the epic title track "Wing Beats," the dreamlike "Makeshift Clone," and more. Plus cover artwork by Fighter X!

Genre: Chiptune / Pop / 4bit
Artist/Members: Alexander Wiklund - Makes everything
Label: Crunchy Records
Date of Release: 2008
Complete Album Download: Wing Beats

Track Listing:
1. Joy of Living || Ranked by 0_o
2. Tainted Tune || Claimed by Gladi
3. Billy Boogie || Approved by yeahyeahyeahhh and Inozuma. Guest diff. by Ultimate (Approval)
4. Wing Beats || Ranked by v0xtrot
5. Mr Turbo Sailor || Claimed by Bassmaster
6. Makeshift Clone || Claimed by Ultimate
7. Whip the Blip || Ranked by Ultimate
8. The Digital Force || Ranked by Metroid

Prerequisites:
1. At least 3 Maps Ranked, exceptions CAN be made. If you have less than 3 maps, PM me the maps you have done or PM the osz file of your idea. If I pass it off, I'll add it! I'm not too strict.
2. A good knowledge of hitsounds/storyboard/skin. Your map should contain good hitsounds that sound nice. A storyboard or skin is NOT required, but it is preferred and encouraged. They make the map more eye appealing and more enjoyable to play. If you aren't very good with them but want to add something, ask around! There are tons of veteran mappers who are more than capable to assist you.
3. Your songs MUST have the following tags: Wiklund, Chiptune. Maps ranked before this thread are not subject to this (obviously), but I think there's only one and it already has those tags.
3. COMPLETE WHAT YOU CLAIM. Status updates via irc/pm/forums would be nice. If you are having troubles with ideas, ask someone associated with the project or other mappers. If your beatmap is incomplete and not updated within' THREE WEEKS, someone else may come along and do it and you will be dropped from the project.

After listening to the album and seeing the already ranked song on osu! I would like to see more of these songs ranked! By all means map how you want to! Not all difficulties need to be insanely hard, but map them FUN! Everyone likes to have fun. Maps can solo or collaborative, just make sure you let me know who is involved if it's collaborative so I can correctly update it in the thread. It's encouraged to map the song in it entirety but you don't have to! If you are mapping for Approval let me know as well so I can update it in the thread. Well, that's that! Hopefully all this text didn't scare you away! I aim for quality map in this project!

If any of the mappers listed above with ranked/pending beatmaps listed in this project and do not wish to be involved please let me know and I will take your name down and open that song up.

Have Fun!
alvisto
I wanna claim Makeshift Clone. Thanks.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
Added after discussion in irc<3
0_o
Joy of Living sounds like fun, I'll give it a shot :)
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

0_o wrote:

Joy of Living sounds like fun, I'll give it a shot :)
I agree! It makes me very happy :D
alvisto

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Added after discussion in irc<3
Thanks yeaher. And it's alvisto, not Alvisto. XD
Mashley
'Wing Beats' is not a source.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
Thanks spin, fixed
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh
still 2 more open
Xgor
*Checks out the songs*
*Thinks the songs was okey...*
*Presses on a song in the related videos*
Holy shit!!!! Someone just got to map this song :D (And i guess that none here will understand why :P )
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Xgor wrote:

*Checks out the songs*
*Thinks the songs was okey...*
*Presses on a song in the related videos*
Holy shit!!!! Someone just got to map this song :D (And i guess that none here will understand why :P )
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=287

There you go, have fun. Keep the useless stuff out of my topic please...
0_o
Joy of Living is alllmost done, but I have been listening to Mr. Turbo Sailor lately and can't get enough of it. Could I possibly claim that as well?
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

0_o wrote:

Joy of Living is alllmost done, but I have been listening to Mr. Turbo Sailor lately and can't get enough of it. Could I possibly claim that as well?
Go for it, but I wouldn't really be checking it, as I don't play osu! anymore, but let me know if one gets ranked, ill update the thread.
0_o
Joy of Living is finally pending :)

Also mapping Turbo Sailor might be a little tricky, so I'd be willing to collab with someone on that.
anonymous_old

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

8. The Digital Force || YouTube || Direct Download
Can Ii claim this? I only have 2 ranked maps.
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Loogiesquared wrote:

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

8. The Digital Force || YouTube || Direct Download
Can Ii claim this? I only have 2 ranked maps.
Hmm I remember your two ranked maps and I have to say I wasn't too impressed by them. I'll double check them when I'm back home tomorrow and see if I saw maybe an old version. But as it stands right now, work on making one of those pending beatmaps really good and I'll let you have your song
Metroid
I'm not gonna claim the song since I dunno fi I will get it done but anyways.

I'll try The Digital Force and if possible, timing and BPM please?
Topic Starter
yeahyeahyeahhh

Metroid wrote:

I'm not gonna claim the song since I dunno fi I will get it done but anyways.

I'll try The Digital Force and if possible, timing and BPM please?
I'll get you the BPM and offset tomorrow if that's okay. I'm out of town right now and I get back to my apartment tomorrow. So I'll get on that once I get there and give you the info in game
0_o
Joy of Living is ranked! :)
Bass
Gratz O_o :P

Hmm can I make Mr. Turbo Sailor? but i have one map ranked only, but my pending maps are completed:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9853
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9502
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/9187
:)
show more