forum

Taiko Drum not working but only In-Game [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sushi
Hi all.

I recently bought a taiko drum : this one :

I have a wiimote, and plugged the taiko drum in it.
I paired the wiimote with BlueSoleil (as a Bluetooth HID).
I toggled the option "Enable Wiimote/tatacon drum support"
The wiimote is found no problem. (the Led are sync with the song, that's fun)
i tried the taiko drum in menus, no problem : taping the center takes me to taiko mod directly, and in song menus, using Kats make me go through previous and next songs.
but after starting a game, the taiko drum do not don nor kat (if you see what i mean).
taiko still works with keyboard (zxcv).
and the drum is still working in the menus (after)

I really don't get why it does not work, as it is detected correctly and works in menus.

I know there are not a lot of players playing with a taiko drum, but please help me T_T

thanks in advance.
steven31415
I'm having EXACTLY the same problem as you describe.
Works in menus, doesn't work in game.

I would also love a solution to this.

I just tried it again and the problem gets weirder. When the songs plays the beats dont work but the home button and volume controls with plus and minus buttons on wiiremote work fine, so the pc is definately recieving the wiimote. It must be something wrong with Osu!, maybe a settings problem?

Anyone able to help?
Zekira
Hm, must've been some old bug that no one pointed out since very few use TaTaCon...
steven31415
It seems like it would be a ridiculously easy fix, the drum controller connects and osu itself is capable of recieving input from it.
Topic Starter
Sushi
After talking with rokodo and mattyu, They think it's because that's an unofficial drum. but this bug is still weird! and i don't know if the official tatacon still works. still waiting for comments... At least, if someone could say "my official tatacon works fine for me" that would be useful.
peppy
The main problem is i don't have one of these drums accessible to check what is wrong.. I'll borrow one this week and fix things up.
Topic Starter
Sushi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Daru
As a workaround for you guys until peppy gets around to fixing it in osu!:

Xpadder (http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... dder.shtml) will let you assign keystrokes to the drum hits. Simply assign zxcv to the drum parts in Xpadder, and osu! will read them as the respective keys, instead of the drum itself.
steven31415
Thanks so much guys for working on this, you're a fantastic help. Gonna take a look at this Xpadder for now, good luck in fixing this :)
Topic Starter
Sushi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
peppy
Got a hold of a tatacon today and fixed it up. Will be working in next public release (sometime this week).
steven31415
Xpadder unfortunately didnt work for me either, but hey no need now. So glad you've fixed it can't thank you enough.

I'm looking forward to using the drum soon :)
Topic Starter
Sushi
I'm still having the problem with the latest build (b927) i definitly think it's because the drum is not official T_T but the fact that it works in menus is still weird.
Topic Starter
Sushi
Bump for peppy to see it.
peppy
I'm not blind.
MetaSlash
I have the same problem and I have an official drum D:
peppy
SORRY! I made this change and was sure it worked, but just found out I didn't actually save the change to the main osu! codebase (I just found the change on my laptop 2 weeks later). It will definitely work in the next public release (this coming weekend).
floflim

Sushi wrote:

Hi all.

I recently bought a taiko drum : this one :

I have a wiimote, and plugged the taiko drum in it.
I paired the wiimote with BlueSoleil (as a Bluetooth HID).
I toggled the option "Enable Wiimote/tatacon drum support"
The wiimote is found no problem. (the Led are sync with the song, that's fun)
i tried the taiko drum in menus, no problem : taping the center takes me to taiko mod directly, and in song menus, using Kats make me go through previous and next songs.
but after starting a game, the taiko drum do not don nor kat (if you see what i mean).
taiko still works with keyboard (zxcv).
and the drum is still working in the menus (after)

I really don't get why it does not work, as it is detected correctly and works in menus.

I know there are not a lot of players playing with a taiko drum, but please help me T_T

thanks in advance.
I have the same problem but just it doesn't work at all for me :(
I have a french wii remote, and a japanese tatacon (maybe problem come from that?), I have connected my tatacon to my laptop with Glovepie where I used a script that I downloaded somewhere in the forum of Osu! and when I think that every thing is going well, it doesn't work in Osu! at all. :( I don;'t know what to do
Flanster
Please make a new thread for you issue, dont bump 6 year old resolved threads.