forum

Gwen Stefani ft. Akon - The Sweet Escape

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FerreTrip
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, July 10, 2010 at 2:19:34 PM

Artist: Gwen Stefani ft. Akon
Title: The Sweet Escape
Source: --
BPM: 120
Filesize: 5954kb
Play Time: 03:32
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard - Extended Version (4.71 stars, 369 notes)
  2. Hard - Fanfic Version (4.62 stars, 325 notes)
  3. Insane - Extended Version (4.79 stars, 385 notes)
Download: Gwen Stefani ft. Akon - The Sweet Escape
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my second beatmap, but my first in a series I wish to map. See, I wrote a fanfiction titled "[Insert Title Here]: Gotta Cheer 'em All!" that is a crossover of EBA, Ouendan, and *ducks* Pok?mon. In reality, though, the PKMN aspect is only setting--it has much to do with the main plot (since it's the world of the TV show--which the EBA world can watch), but affects the story itself fairly little. See, I wrote it as a fantasy EBA2, adding Ouendan bits later. I'm very proud of the fic, since I had to work on my short story skills (and failed miserably, IMO) while doing what iNiS has to do: fit the song with the situation or vice-versa.

For instance, the story here is that someone, Marin, got framed by an identical woman expert criminal, Mad Marian (notice the difference in names). She (Marin) was put in a maximum security prison and Mad Marian steals her identity, changing her name to Mad Marin now that they think Mad Marian, who's actually Marin, is in jail. (Follow me?) So, the goal is to have her ecape in one night. Woman + Escape helped to justify Gwen Stefani ft. Akon's "The Sweet Escape".

As such, there are two versions here: A "real" version and the version that is "played" in the fanfiction chapter. The difference is that the real (extended) version has a longer third part than the fanfic version, because it starts in when Gwen begins singing again instead of at "So bay-beh". Also, the extended version has an alternate end to the map than the fanfic version for difference's and theoretical copyright's sake (if the fanfic was a real game, so to speak).

I am pretty happy with this one, though it is a bit difficult. It got on me a little bit, probably due to the swing rhythm in 1/6 snap divisor (with the real downbeat occuring on the red line upbeat because I'm a doofus and the swing upbeat to the eighth notes being on the purple line before the white line upbeat), but also because this song's longer than you'd think. Plus, sometimes it lagged and I missed. However, it's quite fun. Please play this map and enjoy! Maybe I'll create a storyboard to go with it someday for you to understand the story (though perhaps only as an abbridged version). And one more thing: Good luck going into the final part, all I can say. >:D

UPDATE: 9/7/'09: Switched stuff around so that it's a little better spacing.

UPDATE: 9/11/'09: (RIP 9/11 victims.) Fixed the end of Extended and made the circles bigger in Fanfic.

UPDATE: 9/13/'09: Fixed both versions so that the downbeat is the white mark, not the purple one before.

UPDATE: 9/16/'09: Took out the useless Extended 2 because I never used it for its true purpose.

UPDATE: 9/28/'09: Fiddled with the difficulties of the two versions so that the Fanfic version is slightly easier.

UPDATE: 10/11/'09: Did a HUMONGOUS rehaul with the spacing and added my first custom sound! (Well, okay, grabbed it off of the Without a Fight remake, but still.) IT'S FANFIC 2.

UPDATE: 10/26/'09: Added more EBA hitsounds to keep this thing alive before NaNoWriMo.

UPDATE: 11/18/'09: Added s'more EBA hitsounds to make sure this thing doesn't die before I can really get to it.

UPDATE: 12/5/'09: Actually did a decent edit this time, all for Fanfic Version: Fixed the spacing between the sets of 3 hit markers at the ends of the first two choruses and changed the beginning of the finale notably. I hope it's easier.

UPDATE: 1/2/'10: Went through and resnapped nearly the entirety of Fanfic Version to 1.2x, as suggested by Kytoxid, and did a fair amount of other things suggested. Not gonna work on the other two yet because I'm lazy and just want to keep this map alive. Other things I changed were the way a few things were; i.e., the evil JJF-like deathstream soon into the final section and the final combo before the end spinner.

UPDATE: 1/26/'10: Bump.

UPDATE: 2/19/'10: Was just gonna bump, then I decided to finish up the basic way I want the hitsounds to happen. Plus, found out (after first doing something that'd've made the file a LOT bigger) how to override the skin's combobursts so that it's more like the game instead of having another shout after the first comboburst. Just asthetic, really.

UPDATE: 3/16/'10: Bump.

UPDATE: 4/10/'10: Bump. Again.

UPDATE: 5/3/'10: Bump third time.

UPDATE: 5/18/'10: Bump x4, since I'm putting my computer in the shop and I dunno how long it'll take.

UPDATE: 6/15/'10: And the day is saved by BUMP!! *phew!*

UPDATE: 7/10/'10: 6x Bump Combo!
naruti
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old
Hard (fanfic)
SPOILER

Think about using Smooth Sliders, instead of shaped ones, so it looks visually appealing.
There are many errors with AIMod. (ctrl+shift+a)

00:31:221 : Combine 1 and 2 into a slider.
00:31:721 : Combine 3 and 4 into a slider.
00:47:221 : Combine 1 and 2 into a slider.
01:20:888 : The break is too long.
01:59:888 : Add a beat here.

Hard (extended)
SPOILER

Think about using Smooth Sliders, instead of shaped ones, so it looks visually appealing.
There are many errors with AIMod. (ctrl+shift+a)

It's too much like the fanfic one.

Kytoxid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Luvdic
Hey there

Overall:
- Set a preview point for your map, at Timing -> Set current position as Preview
- I think you gotta have to put another background instead of that plain black one
- I find it very curious that Insane extended and Hard fanfic have offset 2388, while Hard Exteded is 2888. And althought the 3 difficulties uses 120 BPM, the Insane Extended shows it uses BPM of 160 at the song selection.
- Also, why dont you reconsider about giving custom colours to your combo colours?
- I can see that there are many sliders with sooo many little points. I believe that those sliders could be made with 1/4 of what they are used (Lol i dont think this was understandable)

Insane Extended Version:

This map is not exactly soooo insane to be considered insane... at least to me....
And the spacing... It is SOOOOO unintuitive, the only thing insane about this map is the spacing, but even then, having these kind of un intuitive spacing is unrankable. You should use the distance snap divisor to help you know at what distance the beats should be placed. I know that not all the maps have perfect spacing, but at the very least theirs was intuitive.... unlike these ones. A very few examples about them i can mention:

00:31:022 (1) - First time playing this, after clicking 00:30:088 (7), i thought that 00:31:022 (1) came after, but instead there was a pause.
00:37:022 (4) - ^^^^ and many others are like this

00:51:072 (7) - ARGHH these ones... is something that you gotta have to do something about them. You see... the distance between 00:51:022 (5,6) and 00:51:038 (6,7) is almost the same, making me think that those 3 beats had no pause between them. And like this, there are many many others that have this same thing
01:07:022 (5,6,7) - ^^^^
01:10:088 (3,4) - ^^^^
01:37:022 (1,2,3,4) - ^^^^And many many many much more

00:33:022 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - An idea i have to make these more intuivie is to make 1, 3 and 5 new combos

01:46:013 (5) - Place this at 01:46:022
01:53:087 - Add a circle here
01:54:020 - ^^^^ You could also do the same to the next following combos

02:37:022 (5,6,7,8,9) - >_> Same distance snapping please?

03:01:022 (8) - This is wayy too evil....

Hard extended version:

Between this and insane, i found both of the very a like, maybe try to make them a little bit more different?
The same spacing thing i said for the insane, applies to here... In fact, i even think here is even worse... i failed at first try playing this map... while when i played the insane one i didnt failed (Of course... its not like im a grat player to be saying these things, but i thought it was good to say it here)

00:24:038 (1,2,3,4) - This one is wayyy too much...

01:46:013 (5) - Place this beat at 01:46:022 (same as insane... lol)
01:51:088 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - Alright... i think that whatever changes your going to do at insane, should apply at here too.

And again, i shall remind you again about the same spacing problems found in insane, also applies here

Hard Fanfic:

Same spacing things, not as notable as the others though
Between the 3 difficulties, i liked this one the most, for the plain reason that the spacing wasnt so horrible like the other twos...

01:20:037 - Woah, this is like a 30 seconds break, i think this is wayyy too much :x

01:53:038 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - The same as the other difficulties... they just sound wrong to me.

Why kiai time in only this difficulty and not the others?
Also, why call the other versions extended when the 3 of them end at the same point?

Also, i shall remind you again about the same spacing problems in this difficulty

And last, i think that all of the notes placed at 1/6th doesnt really convince me well

And finally, have a star, i think its pretty decent and can be improved by a lot
sonya_cinderella
Thx for making the beatmap!!! ;)
Topic Starter
FerreTrip

sonya_cinderella wrote:

Thx for making the beatmap!!! ;)
Thank YOU for playing it! :D And no problem. If you like it, star it, or better yet, mod it so I can give you a tasty Kudosu cookie. :)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.