forum

Kobukuro - Kimi to iu na no tsubasa

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
A rare beatmap from the ever-working peppy :P

*starz*
eyup
Nice to see you crank one out every now and again peppy :D All quality as always, and transparent png + BG colour change = win. A great beatmap that showcases all the new features to date!
Kharl
Never thought that the changeable background color can be used with a transparent background to create a nice effect like this. That's awesome! :shock:

Now, here are the beat spacing issues I found...
Normal: You should move the stack at 0:51:22 more to the left, and there's a huge gap between 1:35:33 and 1:42:90 - forget to add a break?
Hard: See the attached file.

Download: Kobukuro - Kimi to iu na no tsubasa (peppy) [Hard-edit].osu
Topic Starter
peppy

Kharl wrote:

Now, here are the beat spacing issues I found...
Normal: You should move the stack at 0:51:22 more to the left, and there's a huge gap between 1:35:33 and 1:42:90 - forget to add a break?
Hard: See the attached file.
Changed the two things in normal - I think the break got destroyed during my random testing :(.
As for the hard changes - I played through both versions about 10 times comparing them, and have to say that I think I prefer my spacing. I know others have the same opinion as you, and have voiced it in irc earlier (hi Rolled), but I like to have a bit of freedom from 100% beat-snapping. The places where the distance is non-conforming is easily followable due to the constant rhythm surrounding it, in my opinion.

On another minor note - I also noticed the couple of timing changes you made to follow the lyrics, but I'd prefer not to do this just for a little extra challenge. I think its these kinds of tricks that make it that touch harder to SS unless you actually practice and realise the true nature of the rhythm first.

Thanks for the edit though - its really nice to see what other people find wrong in your beatmaps :D. If there's somethign particular you'd like to bring up about hard, feel free to :P.
Rolled
I am defeated. Take your rank.

Well played, sir.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.