forum

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eyup
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 5 February 2008 at 5:16:09 PM

Artist: Linkin Park
Title: One Step Closer
BPM: 95.07
Filesize: 2434kb
Play Time: 02:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.17 stars, 142 notes)
  2. Hard (4.3 stars, 248 notes)
Download: Linkin Park - One Step Closer
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
It's been a while since my last one, so I decided to try knock out a quick one. I hope you like it - I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. As always, any feedback or comments are greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Minor fixes, also renamed map to Hard. Thanks to Rolled and Zyid.

EDIT2: Uploaded Normal difficulty. Flipped some notes - thanks Echo.

EDIT3: Flipped some stuff in Normal. This is my final update - if mods are still not happy then I'll officially give up on this map and move it to The Abandoned Wasteland.
Rolled
Nice job on this. I think osu needs more mainstream tbh. It will help attract more crowd if people know the songs that they're playing.

A few things though.

46:12. I don't know if that combo was intentional, but it doesn't follow the lyrics very well. The 6 of the combo seems very random and unexpected. Personally I'd drop the 6 and move the slider to 46:75. Sounds a lot better imo. Maybe you could map the "and im about to break" afterwards too.

Same thing with the next group of notes. I'd move the black slider back to 51:80 and shorten it a half beat.

1:58:54 - I'd drop that 8. Seems pretty random also.

I'd call this beatmap hard also. Feels too much for normal. Just make the drain and fade a bit more then call it hard imo.
Zyid
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
eyup
Thanks for the feedback guys!

1. Yes the beat patterns at ~46 seconds were deliberate on my part because the chorus occurs three times in the song and I wanted some variety. But I know what you mean so I've deleted the 6 and moved the slider. I'm not going to map the "I'm about to break" for the first chorus though - players can have that thrill later on :D

2. At 1:58, the 8 is just following the previous patterns which are repeated multiple times, but I've removed it so more preparation time is available for the spinner.

3. Still considering what difficulty to rate. Midway through making it I checked and the map was 3.5 stars, and I forgot to check before submitting and didn't realize it had jumped to 4.5 stars o.0 Probably best to err on the side of caution and name it Hard. I was planning to make a harder version but I doubt that will happen now!
Zyid

eyup wrote:

Thanks for the feedback guys!

1. Yes the beat patterns at ~46 seconds were deliberate on my part because the chorus occurs three times in the song and I wanted some variety. But I know what you mean so I've deleted the 6 and moved the slider. I'm not going to map the "I'm about to break" for the first chorus though - players can have that thrill later on :D

2. At 1:58, the 8 is just following the previous patterns which are repeated multiple times, but I've removed it so more preparation time is available for the spinner.

3. Still considering what difficulty to rate. Midway through making it I checked and the map was 3.5 stars, and I forgot to check before submitting and didn't realize it had jumped to 4.5 stars o.0 Probably best to err on the side of caution and name it Hard. I was planning to make a harder version but I doubt that will happen now!
Haven't had a chance to look at it in edit mode but the new version plays quite well. Have a star in the meantime.
Echo
Can you force reupload the osz? At the moment I think it has two difficulties called "Normal" and "Hard".

Aside from that, the usual perfect eyup map.

It's rankable by itself, but I think an easier map would be nice. Be quick though, can't wait to play it ranked :P
Topic Starter
eyup
Bump for re-upload.
peppy
Your maps really have a feel to them which I can associate with you name :P. Pretty fun map - only criticism I would have is that normal and hard are too similar.
Echo
Rolled
Ranked. I also plan on uploading this to youtube, will hopefully get some attention. Youtube is full of LP junkies.
Cocolites
i cannot take this anymore~ this map <3 LP like
-Maestr0-
Is it okay if i post a insane for this map? Thanks! :)
- Marco -
It's an old map, please upload a new beatmap (it can be with the same song)