forum

Gawd. It's hard to get some people into osu D:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Munchlax
I've tried to encourage almost all of my friends into playing osu. But none of them are interested in it D: Im not sure why though... Have any of you on here gotten a friend to play osu, and what was your technique into luring them into rythm game heaven? I really need a rival or two to help me aim for the top. The leader boards stay fresh only so much...
Cheery
Kept telling them that I was playing a game called 'osu!'.
It annoyed them, so they decided to play. :)
But quit shortly after - cry.

How 'bout making some frienemies on osu and rival them instead of getting friends you know in real life to play? D:
it's easier that way haha.
Topic Starter
Munchlax

Cheery wrote:

How 'bout making some frienemies on osu and rival them instead of getting friends you know in real life to play? D:
it's easier that way haha.
Sounds like a great idea! But seems a bit hard... These forums arnt that active for stuff like that.. What do you reccomend?
Cheery
#multiplayer :D
RemmyX25
You must have some pretty bad friends, or aren't doing a great job advertising. I've gotten, maybe, 10 irl friends to join osu! myself.
Cuddlebun
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Yuukari-Banteki
i found that the best way to get someone to join osu! is to show them that a song they really like happens to be a map as well. Then they decide, "well this is kinda cool, I guess ill try playing that one map on easy..." and then they either get hooked or don't
Ekaru
I can imagine it being difficult because it looks kind of lame to random passerby, standard mode that is. I mean, you're just clicking on circles, after all.

Did get a friend to join a year ago, he still plays sometimes. I just told him I was playing osu! and to give it a shot.
Aeris_old
Hahahahaha, I talked about the game with dozens of friends, I can say that 10% of them really joined. LOL

Probably 20 or more of the brazilian players were caught by me lol
kideddie1501
One of my friends joined for a couple of days and never went back. Idk why though. It's really fun and addictive but he said what got to him was the annoying theme song. Other droogs of mine thought it was stupid for having a ton of MSI and N'Sync in there.
Derekku
Not many of my closest friends play games online. Most of them I was in band with, so they obviously have some musical talent... But getting them to play a PC game? Eh.. xd
Pokebis
WHY DON'T MY FRIENDS LIKE THE EXACT SAME GAMES AS I DOOO? BAWWWWWW!
IS THERE AN INSTRUCTION MANUAL ON HOW TO GET THEM TO LIKE IT?

People are entitled to their own opinion and maybe they enjoy doing something else more than osu!. If you get them to try it, good, if they like it and stay, good. If they don't like it just leave it at that and continue doing things both of you enjoy.

RemmyX25 wrote:

You must have some pretty bad friends
That's pretty harsh, Remmy. Like I just said above, they're entitled to their own opinion and you're the bad friend if you don't respect their opinion.
lukewarmholiday
I have 2 friends playing osu at about my skill level.
deemo_old
I've introduced it to a couple people, but once they come on and see the giant amount of japanese material, they want to leave :/ Of course, they don't need to play those songs, I don't like much of them myself. Do I really care, though? Nah.It's their loss.
Topic Starter
Munchlax
I think the reason why I really can't get my friends to play osu is because they really arn't into Anime and other japanese oriented stuff. I've only been able to get one of my friends to even see a full video of osu or ouendan being played. And they really weren't interested in it enough to go out and download it
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
DeathxShinigami
Sup Munchlax. I appreciate your offer to be your rival but you must be below #1000 rank or have 98% acc or higher whichever one comes first.
Panther2103
Hmm well i somehow managed to get 6 people to play. I don't remember how. I think one of them I was lanning with a few people over at his house and I was playin osu on CTB and they all seemed to get interested in that. Also a lot of people like the multiplayer aspect.
Nachy

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Sup Munchlax. I appreciate your offer to be your rival but you must be above #1000 rank or have 98% acc or higher whichever one comes first.

Uh he is above #1000, he's #16171.
DeathxShinigami

NachoPiggy wrote:

DeathxShinigami wrote:

Sup Munchlax. I appreciate your offer to be your rival but you must be below #1000 rank or have 98% acc or higher whichever one comes first.
Uh he is above #1000, he's #16171.
Sorry about that was in a rush when I made that previous post. Fix'd now.
show more