forum

Maps should not be able to be rated in CtB and Taiko mode [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0_o
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mystearica
I guess you have a point, since some maps have such large jumps that there is no possible way to FC them on CTB, rating those maps on CTB does sound silly.

But then again, I'm neutral on this idea I think.
Yoshi348
This is probably more of a feature request rather than a bug.
Topic Starter
0_o

Yoshi348 wrote:

I was trying to decide between the two :P The second part is probably a feature request, but I didn't think being able to rate maps in other modes was intended behavior, so idk
anonymous_old

Mystearica wrote:

[...] some maps have such large jumps that there is no possible way to FC them on CTB [...]
peppy is working on this (I think). There's some thread in Feature Requests talking about it.

0_o wrote:

Yoshi348 wrote:

I was trying to decide between the two :P The second part is probably a feature request, but I didn't think being able to rate maps in other modes was intended behavior, so idk
Feature request => missing feature => feature problem => bug => bug report

I vote for separate rantings for each game mode.
Gens

strager wrote:

I vote for separate rantings for each game mode.
I lol'd.

Looking at CtB and Taiko only as "sub-games" (I don't know if it's the correct way to call them like that, but whatever), I don't think they should have different ratings. Sounds like... too much.
However, if they ever get implemented, it would be nice, I guess.
awp

Gens wrote:

Looking at CtB and Taiko only as "sub-games"
While it's true that these modes are not the focus of osu!, there are groups - nay, communities - that play osu! for these modes exclusively, so they probably shouldn't be brushed aside so callously.
anonymous_old
Gens believes standard should have the monopoly.

No thanks. =[
Topic Starter
0_o
bumping because I think this is sort of important
Azure_Kite
I think this is an issue that need to be looked into. There are a multitude of maps which play better on one game mode as opposed to another, and people who play that mode specifically, or who played it first on a game mode which doesn't really do it enough justice, then the ranking would end up skewed.

I believe that either disabling ranking for game modes other than osu standard be implemented, or that the three game modes should have separate ranking boards. But hey, this is just my opinion.
Kitsunemimi
This isn't a bug, it's a loophole in the system.
anonymous_old

Harris73 wrote:

This isn't a bug, it's a loophole in the system.
A loophole is a bug.

And this isn't a loophole. It's a problem with the interface, in a sense.
Kitsunemimi
Well now that I think of it...

I noticed that some maps are more challenging or fun to play in CtB, and there are definitely maps that are more suitable for Taiko. The separate rankings for each game mode can be useful, but IMO it's a somewhat small feature.
mattyu007
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
0_o
ima bump this again k
Ephemeral
peppy
Well I guess for the time being I will disable ratings on non-standard modes. This will need to be addressed in a better way down the track should we have taiko-only beatmap sets introduced.
mattyu007

peppy wrote:

should we have taiko-only beatmap sets introduced.
Heh...
*cough*cough*cough*cough*cough*...
Lesjuh