forum

Neru feat. Kagamine Rin - Abstract Nonsense

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nevo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, May 13, 2024 at 7:30:07 PM

Artist: Neru feat. Kagamine Rin
Title: Abstract Nonsense
Tags: japanese rock vocaloid jrock j-rock j len fast kagiura jonarwhal salvation
BPM: 208
Filesize: 24537kb
Play Time: 03:48
Difficulties Available:
  1. Jon's Normal (2.66 stars, 590 notes)
  2. kagiura's Insane (4.8 stars, 821 notes)
  3. Len's Hard (3.4 stars, 605 notes)
  4. Salvation (5.6 stars, 812 notes)
Download: Neru feat. Kagamine Rin - Abstract Nonsense
Download: Neru feat. Kagamine Rin - Abstract Nonsense (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
this is the longest time its ever taken for me to finish one of these remap things

nevo ramble
I really love these "copy other person style in nevo way" maps and I really wanna make them more often. People say there's no point but I think its nice to just show my love or something :3c

Looking back these kinda maps are always the ones I remember the most from all my sets as they are actually trying to be different from the normal nevo styles. There's just something I love about the fact that everyone can universally tell what the "concept" is.

It's a double edged sword sticking to generally making what I love playing/making and not fully adapting 100% to the times since it does truly restrict me but there's something about sticking to what I love doing that makes me well.. me :3c

(extended ramble lower in the description)

Took 4 remaps to get the map in the right style so I hope u all like it

there was an attempt made but im just not great at these kinda styled maps but it was super fun to finally get a version i think is good enough :3c

len hard d
gero ins
Redemption
Salvation d

hs

andrea noffy

nevo ramble2
This kinda just is a note of my mentality when it comes to "who I am" as a mapper for some who may be curious or read this in the future.

I think the average nevo map is like fine I do think one thing that helps me stand out as a mapper is I really think that vast majority of maps of mine has some nostagic or sentemental reason for existing. I mean take this map. This is a map made in the early 2020's paying very clear homage to a mapper from the early 2010's it stands out clearly in the sea of "generic simple" nevo maps and its not exact a rare thing for me to make these homage things Pokerface, Thanatos, Nuko World, Caramel Heaven, etc. It just kinda has always been something I really love doing, I'm not sure why.

Expanding a little on that, I do honestly believe my best maps are ALWAYS without fail the remaps of old osu songs I believe that little extra "love" "passion" "nostagia" or something really pushes those maps over the edge into being my best.

ok and for the last unhinged thing I say
I also really sometimes feel in the sea of "modern" osu mapping im in this extreme weird place of sticking to a more "traditional" ideal of whats important in making maps. basically. im old now. It is the most bizzare feeling since i remember how I was vividly from 8 years ago and here I am now mapping nostagic songs in a nostagicish way and blobing like I always have. Back then I was one of the new mappers going "hehehe xd pp maps" and stuff and a bunch of my friends from that time has moved on from osu. Which having said that I dont regret anything in fact I love that I did those maps and its why even now i enjoy seeing people enjoy what they enjoy its just nice. anyway thats enough ramble thank you all and blobheart