forum

Takeharu Ishimoto - Encounter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kimichi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, February 04, 2008 at 2:23:23 PM

Artist: Takeharu Ishimoto
Title: Encounter
BPM: 160
Filesize: 7221kb
Play Time: 03:15
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (2.83 stars, 226 notes)
Download: Takeharu Ishimoto - Encounter
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hello all.

My first evar beatmap of Ishimoto's "Encounter" from Final Fantasy 7 - Crisis Core.
For those of you who are wondering in what context the song is used or where I got the screenie from, watch this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yJ-hruqcM
It's is a cutscene from FFVII - CC; a training battle against three sword-wielding duelists (Sephiroth, Angeal, and Genesis).

EDIT: New & much better version (thanks for the tips Kharl).
FINAL EDIT?: BPM lowered to 160.00 (thanks Kharl), added Whistles, etc., changed a few things here and there.
Kharl
Add another timing section using the same BPM and 102086 for offset. Then resnap all notes in that new section.

As for the beat placement... Use larger circle size (one scale to the left should do) and make the gap between each notes wider. Changing combo shape regularly can help making the map feels less repetitious.
Topic Starter
Kimichi
I did that section timing thing, didn't even know you could do that. O:
I'll work on making it less repetitive.
kennyloo69
Awesome beatmap. Final Fantasy is my favorite.
Kharl
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
hunnykilla
Nice for your first map. Patterns were creative and not repetitive. Another nice FF song.
Topic Starter
Kimichi
Thanks for the bubble. :3
kennyloo69
Why isn't this ranked already?
Echo
I approve the map, but I don't agree with the difficulty name "Normal". I feel most normal players won't be able to hit the circles, given the small circle size. If others feel it's fine, then by all means rank this.
Kharl
It gets even better! Nice improvement. :)

kennyloo69 wrote:

Why isn't this ranked already?
At least two mods must approve for a map in order for it to get ranked.

Echo49 wrote:

I approve the map, but I don't agree with the difficulty name "Normal". I feel most normal players won't be able to hit the circles, given the small circle size. If others feel it's fine, then by all means rank this.
I partly agree with that, but I think the overall beat placement is not that difficult to grant the map a "Hard" level name.
Topic Starter
Kimichi

Echo49 wrote:

Lawl, really? I think it's way too easy and maybe I should've raised the HP Drain even higher. ;)