forum

Himeringo - Idola no Circus

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nevo
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, June 18, 2023 at 2:13:29 PM

Artist: Himeringo
Title: Idola no Circus
Tags: Neru Vocaloid Kagamine Rin utaite cover japanese rock -AzuMi heroine somehero killian smokelind len fast agatsu Tachibana_ SupaV remake remastered 2023 remap jrock j-rock some_hero
BPM: 181
Filesize: 7209kb
Play Time: 03:28
Difficulties Available:
  1. Agatsu's Another (5.69 stars, 928 notes)
  2. -AzuMi & SupaV's Hard (3.71 stars, 765 notes)
  3. Heroine's Insane (5.01 stars, 821 notes)
  4. killian's Insane (4.95 stars, 872 notes)
  5. Len's Classic Extra (5.52 stars, 707 notes)
  6. Redemption (6.12 stars, 1026 notes)
  7. SMOKELIND's X (5.93 stars, 1063 notes)
  8. Tachi's Normal (2.42 stars, 571 notes)
Download: Himeringo - Idola no Circus
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

AFTER 1539 days IDOLA 2
Also my first actual map of 2023 hehehe

man i am just so happy to finally have been able to fix my ideas from the old one. The original map is where my "remap old songs" thing began so to remake it was a blast.

random fact
heres a WACK fact so my old set was based of HelloSCV's set, the gap from HelloSCV to my 2019 set was 1498 days. My 2019 set to this new one was 1539 days

time really flies ;-;

Obligatory ramble
wild story time anyway its idola 2 and its another full "remaster" which to me is taking the orignal ideas and goals of the old map and just executing them better. Like a big goal of the old one was to create an experience that gives the player a feeling that theres more then just acute angle jump spam. It was the first map where I truly tried to take inspirations from people and even tho in hindsight its very meh looking with the context that was 2018 Nevo it really did stand out and was a turning point. As for the "ideas" basically anything that is kinda "unique" to this map is just redone from the old map the wide angle vocals, the 1/1 1/1 mirrored sliders, the linear line jumps into sqaure into triangle in the bridge, the super slow into super fast sliders, and the jump spam finale. It's all THERE in the orignal it's just done in a way thats not as consistent or thoughtout.

A big point and reason it took me so long to map Idola again was hilariously just because for YEARS I couldnt think of a way to represent the repeating vocals in the choruses. In the 2019 set theres an "idea" 1/4th spam for vocals just executed in a inconsistent seemingly random way. Like there was triples, 1/4th sliders, triples + 1/th sliders, bursts it was all just randomly done which worked but it could be better which sums up my entire mapping career :nyab:

Anyway thats my idola ramble, I hope people understand when I choose to remap songs ESPECIALLY remapping songs I've already mapped theres a lot more thought into then just hurr durr old song good. It's usally takes years of me debating doing it, then finally deciding I can indeed do it better enough to where the old nevo map could be fully replaced. Hence why there still aint a Flower remake sobsobsob soon:tm:

tachi norm d
-AzuMi hard d
hero ins d
killian ins d
len ex d
smokelind ex d
agatsu ex d

hs d

sajinn stack