forum

Jully Black - Until I Stay Remix

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
osumike
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, September 18, 2009 at 4:31:03 AM

Artist: Jully Black
Title: Until I Stay Remix
BPM: 120
Filesize: 5072kb
Play Time: 02:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.98 stars, 109 notes)
  2. Hard (4.25 stars, 212 notes)
Download: Jully Black - Until I Stay Remix
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hi everyone,

Hope you like it!

Changelog:
Sep11/09: Fixed the background.
Hard: Fixed some un-fun spinners and spacing issues.
Sep12/09: Hard: Less combos (there are still weird new combos in places but they are rewards for hard notes) Also hitsound changes.
Easy: It now complies more with AIMod.
Easy: Fixed some spacing and combos that didn't make sense. Hitsound update.
Easy: 1.2x spacing throughout
Sep13/09: Hard: Re-did spacing.
Various changes per modding.
Sep18/09: Minor changes per modding.

Would like feedback!
Ekaru
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
osumike
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mafiamaster
Easy~
Inherit the timing section at 23,938ms. Then resnap all notes.
02:23:13 (2) - Suggestion: Stack on top of 1.[/size]

Hard~
00:43:88 (9) - This is... bad =\
00:50:63 (5) - Redo break after this slider. It'll shorten a lot.

Nice job!!
Ekaru
Here are some *suggestions*.

Hard:

00:09:88 (5) - Move down a grid, because 4 is slightly overlapping it when the other 1/2s don't overlap each other. Just for prettiness, nothing big.

00:20:38 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Move the notes under 2 so they're out of the way. 2 covers the notes, making it hard to read and not fun for the player.

00:32:50 (2,3,4,5) - I recommend stacking. You essentially have a messy version of a stack here. I recommend turning it into an actual stack. :)

00:41:63 (6) - Turn the end of this slider away from the notes before it, so you can easily see the end of it.

00:43:88 (9) - Turn end of 9 a bit so it's not under 8. As-is, you think it's a hit circle and not a slider. ><;

Delete the short break after that note, it's so short it doesn't do much and can mislead the player into thinking they have more time to rest than they actually do.

Break after that one is fine, BTW. Long enough to not mislead the player.

00:54:63 (1,2) - You probably didn't know this, but you shouldn't overlap sliders on top of each other like this. This is why you asked for this map to get modded. ;) I would just turn 1 into a hit circle to match the lyrics, and keep it where it is. That would skip over the problem altogether while still playing well.

01:07:13 (1) - I recommend deleting this short spinner. Just feels like filler and not fully enjoyable.

01:27:13 (1) - Ditto, makes no sense here.

02:03:63 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1) - I recommend redoing this section, kind of messy.

-------

Nice map, had fun playing it. Just some things to fix up. ;)

Easy:

02:15:13 (5) - Stack under the end of 4

02:23:00 (1,2) - Stack these properly, please.

Good map, again, was fun. Ask in chat if you don't know what any of these suggestions mean. Viola!
Topic Starter
osumike

Mafiamaster wrote:

Easy~
Inherit the timing section at 23,938ms. Then resnap all notes. Oops. Thanks for catching this.
02:23:13 (2) - Suggestion: Stack on top of 1.[/size]Done

Hard~
00:43:88 (9) - This is... bad =\Without knowing exactly what you meant, I moved this a bit.
00:50:63 (5) - Redo break after this slider. It'll shorten a lot.Done. Thanks for modding!

Nice job!! Thank you :)

Ekaru wrote:

Here are some *suggestions*.

Hard:

00:09:88 (5) - Move down a grid, because 4 is slightly overlapping it when the other 1/2s don't overlap each other. Just for prettiness, nothing big. Done.

00:20:38 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Move the notes under 2 so they're out of the way. 2 covers the notes, making it hard to read and not fun for the player. Moved this section around a bit.

00:32:50 (2,3,4,5) - I recommend stacking. You essentially have a messy version of a stack here. I recommend turning it into an actual stack. :)Sure! My first map and wasn't sure when I could ignore distance snap.

00:41:63 (6) - Turn the end of this slider away from the notes before it, so you can easily see the end of it.Moved this to the left slightly

00:43:88 (9) - Turn end of 9 a bit so it's not under 8. As-is, you think it's a hit circle and not a slider. ><;Moved this.

Delete the short break after that note, it's so short it doesn't do much and can mislead the player into thinking they have more time to rest than they actually do.This was kind of intended, I'm a bit evil like that :P I'll think about it.

Break after that one is fine, BTW. Long enough to not mislead the player. Woops, already changed this per mafia *shrug*

00:54:63 (1,2) - You probably didn't know this, but you shouldn't overlap sliders on top of each other like this. This is why you asked for this map to get modded. ;) I would just turn 1 into a hit circle to match the lyrics, and keep it where it is. That would skip over the problem altogether while still playing well.Yeah I was a bit unsure about this section. Made it into one slider.

01:07:13 (1) - I recommend deleting this short spinner. Just feels like filler and not fully enjoyable.I'll think about this too, and the one at 1:27

01:27:13 (1) - Ditto, makes no sense here.

02:03:63 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,1,1) - I recommend redoing this section, kind of messy.Good point, I re-did this a bit.

-------

Nice map, had fun playing it. Just some things to fix up. ;) Thank you :)

Easy:

02:15:13 (5) - Stack under the end of 4

02:23:00 (1,2) - Stack these properly, please. Both of these done, I wasn't sure when it's fine to ignore distance snap. Thanks for modding!

Good map, again, was fun. Ask in chat if you don't know what any of these suggestions mean. Viola! Thanks!
Aoitenshi
the easy's slider's speed is the slowest i ever see....

Easy :
Just fine for me.

Hard :
00:40:130 : Place clap at the end of the slider
00:40:380 - 00:43:630 : Place clap to all of the note in this time, sounds better.
00:43:180 : Place finish to the sliders.
02:20:130 - 02:21:880 : Move these sliders to 02:20:225 - 02:22:005, It's not rhyme with the song.
02:24:130 : Place a Note with Finish and place the timing option kiai here. It's not fun to use kiai randomly like that, it's fun when there's a very nice part or a note with finish

This map will be nicer if you remod it yourself many times. Shooting star! It's worthy to have this.
Topic Starter
osumike

Aoitenshi wrote:

the easy's slider's speed is the slowest i ever see....

Easy :
Just fine for me.

Hard :
00:40:130 : Place clap at the end of the slider
00:40:380 - 00:43:630 : Place clap to all of the note in this time, sounds better.
00:43:180 : Place finish to the sliders.
02:20:130 - 02:21:880 : Move these sliders to 02:20:225 - 02:22:005, It's not rhyme with the song.
02:24:130 : Place a Note with Finish and place the timing option kiai here. It's not fun to use kiai randomly like that, it's fun when there's a very nice part or a note with finish

This map will be nicer if you remod it yourself many times. Shooting star! It's worthy to have this.
That is a good point about kiai, I've changed it to your suggestion. Thanks for modding!
Xgor
kino77
Topic Starter
osumike

kino77 wrote:

[Easy]
I dont like circles pile up there...change distance spacing rate?
I tried to give you kudosu and it says: "invalid post/user combination" :( maybe a mod will fix this for ya
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.