forum

(taiko) Yellow bar covers circle [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wmfchris
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Zekira
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo

Zekira wrote:

since the original game always has drumrolls covering notes
what what what what what

Have you PLAYED the original game? pics or it never happened
Zekira
Alright, let me get on the PS2 first.

EDIT: Here's a classic example. (sorry if its sideways) Notice the red circle I put on the bottom. In the original game, each note is indicated by its respective sound under (in this case, the drumroll is the Renta, while Reds have Don under it and Katsu under it). Drumrolls have that wavy line going smoothly across until it ends, but look at this pic. In the one I encircled, there's a faint disturbance there, which is actually a red note (if you look at it very closely it's actually ドん). This Taiko Tower challenge was made in the intention of covering the notes with big drumrolls, and that the player has to FC it. The drumrolls are going at 0.5x speed while the notes are at 2.0x speed:

Echo
That is ridiculous.

Also non fuzzy pic?
Zekira
I could probably record a vid of me playing the 6th Taiko Tower tomorrow and see how much I fail because of that cover-up
Topic Starter
wmfchris

Echo wrote:

That is ridiculous.

Also non fuzzy pic?
that screenshot is real and how many times I watched this Auto, it still missed.
Zekira
peppy
This seems like correct behaviour.
Zekira

peppy wrote:

This seems like correct behaviour.
Scroll is correct behavior, yes, but Auto isn't. I think whats more of emphasis here is that Auto isn't getting that right.

...well, StrangeProgram isn't right anyway so yeah, maybe it's normal
Derekku
peppy
The real question is why do they overlap in the first place? Would that be a taiko conversion bug or do they overlap in osu! mode (which isn't rankable anyway)?
Derekku

peppy wrote:

The real question is why do they overlap in the first place? Would that be a taiko conversion bug or do they overlap in osu! mode (which isn't rankable anyway)?
High velocity sliders with slower BPM notes afterwards. They're hittable in regular osu, but then get messed up when converted to taiko.

It kind of reminds me of that one Rolled map with crazy unrankable beats and overlapping sliders. They're possibly to hit by players, but auto can't hit them since they're obviously overlapping and wrong.
Ekaru
If there's a .5x or 2x slider, and then notes with a different speed, the notes and the slider pass each other. However, they result in the notes and sliders occuring at different times, so you hit them at different times.

Look at Wind's highest difficulty for a map where this happens quite a few times:

http://osu.ppy.sh/s/6449

...However, on that map, Auto can do it perfectly and FCs it with 100% accuracy...

This is Strange Program, an Approved map known for being far out (and crazy). It could be the map itself... can someone check that quick? Judging by the screenshots, particularly the second one, that appears to be the case, but I'm not sure...
Derekku
Ekaru
There's the 430 BPM 1/8 repeat slider. The 1/4 slider starts 17 ms after the 430 BPM 1/8 slider ends. That is roughly 1 frame with Frame Limiter on.

Make of that what you will. Pretty sure the problem has nothing to do with drumrolls covering notes, as the OP thought, though.
Zekira

Zekira wrote:

...well, StrangeProgram isn't right anyway