forum

"Your copy of osu! is too old..." But the update says ok [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shulin
I'm not sure what has happened here but when I start osu it says "Your copy of osu! is too old needs to be updated before online play is possible." I try to log in and it fails being stuck in a "Testing login..." phase.

I go to the updater and it says osu! is up to date, I start osu and the same message of it being too old comes up. All the beat maps load and osu seems fine except I cannot login or connect online in game. I tried re-installation and that has failed. I'm stuck, any suggestions?
Derekku
Hmm... try downloading this version of osume, replace the old one in your osu folder with it, and run it.
Topic Starter
Shulin
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gens
Can you go to options and check which version of osu! are you running? (Top-right corner)
Were you able to play normally in the previous public release? Or did you left osu! for a long time?
Have you tried a full reinstall?

Have you checked your firewall and see if osu! is accepted (in incoming transmissions and stuff)?
Topic Starter
Shulin

Gens wrote:

Can you go to options and check which version of osu! are you running? (Top-right corner)
Were you able to play normally in the previous public release? Or did you left osu! for a long time?
Have you tried a full reinstall?

Have you checked your firewall and see if osu! is accepted (in incoming transmissions and stuff)?
The version is "b753c".

Osu was actually running fine earlier today, I couldn't run downloaded beat maps for some reason, but apart from that it was fine. When I logged back into my laptop this problem occurred.

Yes I did a full reinstall.

Edit: I solved the problem by deleting every trace of osu from my laptop then reinstall, it seems to work fine.
peppy
Another fix would be to just delete osu!.cfg (and/or osu!.exe) then run osume.