forum

IOSYS - Taboo Tears You Up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
shadow7412
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, 13 September 2009 at 10:55:27 PM

Artist: IOSYS
Title: Taboo Tears You Up
Source: Touhou
BPM: 179.96
Filesize: 12908kb
Play Time: 02:16
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (4.5 stars, 260 notes)
Download: IOSYS - Taboo Tears You Up
Download: IOSYS - Taboo Tears You Up (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is my first Beatmap, and I consider it to still be a work in progress - but this difficulty (which I also need advice on) is almost done.

Please leave any comments/suggestions - especially suggestions about what difficulty this should be ranked as and any timing errors (which I think should be pretty good)

Thanks for any/all feedback.
Alice
Taboo tears you up isn't IOSYS
IOSYS just did the flash video
Artist: REDALiCE

Woaw 3rd time this is done :P however, I'll edit this with a complete mod later

EDIT:
Overall: need a background, think to people that play without video :(
Hard
BPM is more like 180 (both previous version take this BPM
Offset seems ok, I suppose.
Hm.. That's a cool diff.. You basically understood how to make a good map I think, really good for a first one, and also it's again different from previous version so I think there's no problem for rank
Only one thing bothers me: spacing.
There's sometimes cool jumps&all but sometimes it's more wrong than anything
Please distance snap on weird&confusing jump/wrong spacing, I think you don't need to help to see what I mean, just look closer to your spacing and after look at the timing, you'll see sometimes it's weird.
But if those are jumps and you'd like to keep them so wait for more advices
I'm a kind person so I'll give you few examples of what I really don't like here. It's your turn to see what's weird for you too n_n
00:13:34 (1,2,3,4,5) - confusing
00:34:68 (5,6,7,8) - why so close suddenly, previous combos of that sort are so far each others
00:38:68 (1,2,3,4,5,6,etc) - same spaced as really first notes but faster? o.o
00:46:68 (1,2,3,4) - afraid people would complain about this. but I personally like it, so wait for more advices n_n
01:00:01 (lolwut)(1,2,3,and all notes comes after) - I won't bug you on that cause I suppose it's weird, but wanted.. But maybe make them a bit farther, because as I said with that 00:38:68 (1,2,3,-) it's really confusing.
01:45:36 (1,-) -

There's a lot like that but they seems more wanted than anything
So hope people won't bug you with this. n_n
I won't star cause WIP. But if you want me to mod future diffs or star then bother me in irc or in forum PM when it will be finished, or when at least 2 diffs will be done
I suppose you'd like to keep your first map totally yours but I really like this song so if you're ok for a small collab.. .___.;; Also if you want I can do some custom skin~ ever wanted to try to make a custom flandre skin luls
Topic Starter
shadow7412

Alice Margatroid wrote:

Taboo tears you up isn't IOSYS
IOSYS just did the flash video
Artist: REDALiCE

Woaw 3rd time this is done :P however, I'll edit this with a complete mod later
I had no idea... Ill update that for the next release - thanks :)
Alice
Welcome n_n old post edited.
Topic Starter
shadow7412
Reuploaded with artist correction
viewtopic.php?t=17490

Also thanks for your speedy feedback - I'll look at those sections soon. But I suppose I better do some uni work.

-sigh-
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.